Verified Reviewer

1.3

I have used thumbtack for years. They have sewn up the market, monopolized the online agency experience. They cheat professionals with their algorithms.Find an alternative

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Job Bidding.

Thumbtack Pros: Seamless contact with new clients.

Thumbtack Cons: Distance algorithms do not work, So the company charges you indiscriminately, Does not refund cash for cash, Pay to quote fake jobs, Discriminatory business practices.

Comments

We're sorry to hear this feedback. If there's anything we can do to improve your experience, or if you have more specific feedback to share, please feel free to contact us directly. We want to wish you the best moving forward.

@Thumbtack

I spoke to your telephone agent who while helpful, was not able to fully resolve the issue. Because your system charges professionals for prospective clients whether they want them or not, and whether that client follows through with a hire or not, you are taking choices away from the professional.

While I have earned $10,000 in fees generated through thumbtack this year, you have charged me almost $2,000. I've looked online for alternative agencies, and unfortunately you have a monopoly, and can continue these egregious practices.

Perhaps 20% finder's fee is normal. Turbo Tax told me the IRS would find it suspect.

Thumbtack Reviews