2.2K views

I received referrals on Thumbtack for weekly pool maintenance men.

The 1st one came a couple times and I never saw or heard from him, again! Unfortunately, I jumped the gun in leaving a positive review right away.

The 2nd referral was untrained, unlicensed, and I suspect running scams on me such as creating repairs then referring & conspiring with "repair guys" (on 2 occasions) who never fixed the problem, along w/ having me buy unbelievable amounts of gallons of jugs of chlorine tabs for the floater that he was allegedly stealing from me to use on other jobs.

This time I waited a few months before leaving a review but before the repair scam or theft.

I reported both bad experiences to Thumbtack, who not only refused to delete their two profiles for referrals to other unsuspecting victims, but informed me their policy did not allow me to delete or edit my reviews.

I guess that's their way to prevent bad reviews, but not an honest reflection of the type of individuals they are referring.

This reviewer shared experience about "review policy" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Thumbtack. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Thumbtack.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Thumbtack to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Walkease

I got a negative review from a client that was completely unwarranted and I had pictures and proof yet thumbtack would not change their policy I said you know this is something that needs to be addressed on a case-by-case issue this review went out on the world wide web and you cannot take it back all I could do was write a rebuttal but the first thing a potential client sees is the bad review that was a total lie I really wish I could sue them it is very upsetting for me because my business is my passion

I too gave a positive review after a lawn service first began. Then had all kinds of problems with them not showing up and even causing issues that cost me money. Need to be able to remove reviews if we choose to do so.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #1222179

I had the same experience.I jumped the gun on issuing a positive review and later had unfavorable experiences.

I didn't want to give a bad review thereafter but tried to retract the positive review in which no option was offered.It was disappointing and not a good way to inform others.

to Anonymous Chandler, Arizona, United States #1300846

had same prob.Gave a vendor a horrible 1 star review because he never showed up for job.

I did not pay upfront, why would you do that?.

He ended up calling me and apologies, did the repair free.I ended up hitting the hire button for them again, gave him 5 stars.

to anonymous 23 #1393439

Was you able to change your original review ?