I have tried thumbtack for a few months and bought a package of $85 ($1.50 per credit) credits. After bidding to several requests I have got 0 replies.

Unfortunately I have just found out that Thumbtack allow any person send inquires by using only an email and a name. Thus Thumbtack doesn't ask enough information to verify people. For example a compulsory phone number and address.

Each request will generate an inquiry that other 5 professionals will bid. So assuming that each bid is $10, Thumbtack will make a profit of $50, whilst each professional will waste their money.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of thumbtack leads and associated monetary loss in the amount of $85. Thumbtack needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thumbtack leads in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thumbtack.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

TTsocial

I'm sorry you haven't heard back from customers yet.When a professional is just starting out on our site, it can take about 10 quotes before they get that first job.

The cost of quoting usually equals about 5-10% of the money pros make from jobs. We're glad we've been able to help professionals grow their businesses.

As you had mentioned, up to 5 professionals can quote on a request.

We're here to help you make sure you're putting your best foot forward and standing out to customers.Please call our Support line at 1-800-343-1710 so we can help you increase your chances of getting hired.

- Sarah

to TTsocial #990996

How about 60 quotes? I bought into that five quotes thing and have only encountered supposed customers who seem to hire no one at all. This is a good deal for Thumbtack by not for service providers.