1.3

Requests for quotes are posted without any verification of or charge to the "requester". Sending a quote costs $9-$18 in my category.

After talking to a couple of the people who I quoted a fee to, I discovered they were just fishing for information and had no intention of hiring anyone for the work, at least not in the near future. I also realized some were contractors just establishing their budgets.

I sent 9 quotes for professional services, most of which I never heard from and never received any contact information for. I sent out requests for more information and never got replies, then Thumbtack started charging the regular quote fee just for the more information requests, which never had a reply anyway. A lot of the requests also looked "fishy" and repetitive so I did not quote those.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Thumbtack. The most disappointing about quote request from Thumbtack was no accountability, no results and lost money , but reviewer liked concept. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Thumbtack.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Professional Services category for more informed decision or compare Thumbtack to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

San Francisco, California, United States #965032

I've the same issue!I've spent lots of time and money sending quotes and never get any responses back!

So far I've only got one tiny job!

My friends uses this service felt the sane too! We think it's a scam or they just put fake posting to get themselves paid!

I did many times complaint directly to them but they are not really going to do much! All they said is to try and try as it takes time to land in one! And we need to engaged with the customers!

Hiw? If they don't even response back to your quotes after reviewing them!

So I decided not to send any quotes everytime I get the lead! It almost like playing a slot machine!

You keep putting money and nothing comes out!I have to say that almost like making one an addition to not do it!

TTsocial

Our goal is to help professionals grow their businesses; we can only do this by sending them real customer requests.All requests go through an extensive verification process.

We’re happy to look into any requests that seem fishy to you; we definitely want the professionals that use our site to receive quality requests.

You can call our Support Center at 1-800-343-1710.

- Sarah