2.4

I have used Thumbtack for a few years. At first it was great, then the price increased...so trusted I'd see some results. With little results through the site I continued to be a customer. I had a 5 star rating and no complaints. After dealing with 2 very difficult clients of my own I had 2 complaints sent through the site, so Thumbtack decides to deactivate my account without contacting me at all! I emailed them about it. One of the customer support members lied and said that I was notified. I dug through emails for an hour, and NOTHING! They told me what the complaints were and I handled what needed to be handled on my end after a lot of ridiculousness with my clients. I reminded Thumbtack that I had done so and I got this email back from Patrick at Thumbtack.

Patrick B. (Thumbtack Support)

Jul 13, 08:28

Hi Bristol,

We appreciate you contacting us back about the status of your account. We do not make the decision to deactivate a service professional from our site lightly. We will not be changing our decision regarding the status of your account. I wish you the best of luck and success with your business.

Sincerely,

Patrick

The Thumbtack Support Team

800-343-1710

I have since responded and am disgusted with how they treat loyal paying business owners. I had a great and very positive foundation built as far as reviews and portfolio goes, on their site. I've spent too much $$$ to count over the years. They are not someone I would send any fellow business owners to. They are unprofessional and a waste of money.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of thumbtack account from Thumbtack. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Thumbtack to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was expensive, false leads, credits system was a rip off and opened leads that never responded were still money lost. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Thumbtack for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States #1007290

My question is when will either the Federal Trade Commission or states attorneys general investigate these people? That's what needs to happen. I don't believe they could withstand the scrutiny.