I joined Thumbtack as a professional disc jockey in 2015. At that time, Thumbtack was a smaller company and it seemed like they worked much harder to retain their pros.

I won over 100 jobs between 2015 and 2016 and can attribute much of the growth of my business to Thumbtack. However, in 2016 they started to change their rules and SIGNIFICANTLY raise their prices. I once paid around $5.00 to send a quote to a client and now the price has more than doubled to around $12.00. Let's compare that to a bridal fair where I might pay $600.00 for a table and connect with over 200 brides.

At Thumbtack's rate, connecting with the same volume of brides would cost me around $2,400.00! I offer one of the highest rated services in my area and have been awarded multiple industry awards. Based on my company's reputation alone, I would assume that we would convert a lot of leads. BOY WAS I WRONG.

Over the past few weeks, we have spent hundreds of dollars quoting "leads" and HAVE YET TO RECEIVE A SINGLE RESPONSE. We have thrown so much money out the window that we might have to raise our prices just to recover our losses from Thumbtack. They also have no GOOD system in place for recovering from a bad review left by a customer. Since they only allow "Thumbtack Customers" to leave reviews for your business, if you get one or 2 bad reviews there is no way to bury them in a sea of really really good reviews from your customers.

Let's face it, every company makes a mistake once in a while. We're human beings. It is completely unfair to have one mistake cause you to never get business again. In my opinion, this company isn't going to be around much longer.

They are ripping off their professionals. Until they can offer the same great service they were offering in 2014, I'm out of here!

Review about: Thumbtack Leads.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

This reviee most closely aligns with my experiences. I started with Thumbtack in 2015 and did fantastic for first year-and-a-half.

I am the highest rated home inspector in Virginia but I can't seem to get a job. Now, nothing.

Something's up but I plan to suspend my use of the site until I find out what it is.

Saint Augustine, Florida, United States #1264687

I am also a Thumbtack Top Pro. You can receive reviews from Mon Thumbtack leads.

Share the link.

Yes, the leads are more expensive. I prefer that as I am only competing with similar professionals rather than people just trying to make a buck.