Hired mason through Thumbtack to fix brick steps.He left mortar all over bricks which can't be removed.

I tried a chisel, acid wash, sandpaper; everything. I will now have to replace all the bricks - will cost thousands to replace. Their customer service rep said (phone conversation 11/5/16) Thumbtack's property guarantee doesn't apply because a brick wasn't broken. The mason I hired (through their site) should come out and clean up the brick.

He further stated that had a brick been broken or a railing busted, it would apply. I told him my property WAS damaged as I have to replace the steps due to their mason's work. Their mason is refusing to return my calls.

Other masons have told me the steps have to be replaced now since the mortar has hardened into the pores of the bricks.It will cost me thousands.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Thumbtack and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Thumbtack to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Craigslist or Google. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Thumbtack and repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Lisa_NC
Carlsbad, California, United States #1250907

Try acid and wire brush.

If I haven't already...

My husband has to go back and clean up after the Mexicans constantly!

Kennebunk, Maine, United States #1239004

Just use a cement stain to dye the mortar red, or wait for it to weather down to match.