1.1

Thumbtack pro brought me a lot of customers, but I waste a lot of money on fake leads.

Customers are not aware that if they contacted pro, that pro will pay for the lead. And tell me how it's possible that someone contacting you for service, and I am responding in 1 minute and nobody ever responds.

Did they change their mind? Could be. But they never even reply. Message usually marked as Read.

Which is to mean that you have to pay for this lead.

There is a phone number of these customers, but they never respond on message either.

So I have to pay for this fake leads or for customers who don't know what they want (because they are contacting 5 pros at the same time) $15-30. Which is not fair at all.

Thumbtack never return money for this suspicious leads.

User's recommendation: Make sure that you write down all details about your work.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Thumbtack Pros: Clients that hired me, Idea is great.

Thumbtack Cons: Payments for bad leads, Unlicensed professionals bidding on jobs.

Location: Brooklyn, New York

Comments

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback, we understand you've shared your experience on another review platform. We'll continue to pass along this feedback to our team so that we can work on improving the pro experience. Feel free to contact us directly to share more specific feedback.

Thumbtack Reviews