And like any tool you have to know how to use it. I have been using Thumbtack as a consumer for about 18 months.

It's my "Amazon" for contractors. As a contractor myself I have been using Thumbtack since 2016. I read most of the negatives and complaints the this service is bogus or a scam. I won't pretend to know why they feel that way.

However, I will say this; Thumbtack gives you as a business owner tons of space to SELL (Market) not only your business, but yourself as well. Obviously writing what your business is or offers, how long you have been in business. Adding photos of your products and finished projects (at no additional cost I might add). I understand that not every customer who views my quote or my profile hires me.

Why? Cheaper quote?, Appointment times not convenient? They didn't like my profile photo? I do not know why I do not get hired sometimes.

I have 50,5 STAR reviews out of the 55 times I have been hired through Thumbtack. The other 5 customers never rated or reviewed me. Why I don't know. I don't lose sleep over it.

I know I am good at what I do, and I especially know I give extraordinary customer service, before, during and after a project. I don't police Thumbtack or my customers.

If the individuals who bash Thumbtack on here, are relying solely on this one of many ways to market themselves then I can honestly say, they need to reevaluate their business marketing strategy. If I only relied on on company to help me expand and grow my business, I'd better have a sympathetic banker or investor with deep pockets to keep me afloat.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Account.

Comments

Good for you but Dumb Tack is a scam for Pros to purchase credits. Don't discount other peoples experiences. Even though there may be a few actual real customer leads for Pros the majority are dead ends.