1.3
Turnaround Time

My company had signed up with Thumbtack back in May of 2016...Since then 'till now we have lead our industry with over 134 reviews, have been hired over 450 times and had spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS advertising and utilizing Thumbtack.

Recently, they have rewarded "Top Pros" in our industry. Well, guess what, you would think, a profile like ours, a rating like we have, we would receive "Top Pro"! Ehhhh, wrong!!!!! This company (Thumbtack) was an ABSOUTLE waste of our time, money and efforts!!!!!!!

We were denied the "Top Pro" program because we had a 4.73 customer rating, we were denied by .07% and their "requirement" is 4.8!! They adwarded "Top Pro" to a pest management company that is NOT properly licensed by New York State, does not maintain business insurance and is a fictitious pest management firm!!!!!!!! I have contacted Thumbtack and spoke with a representative that could not answer my question, so he went searching for a manager... 15 minutes later, "all managers are in a meeting, can I have them call you when they are done?" HA!

I'm still waiting for that call!!! Soooooo, I have now contacted the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, reported the fake companies and individuals, as well as provided NYS with Thumbtacks policies regarding proper licensing and Thumbtack will be receiving a call from NYS! I have tried several times to contact Thumbtack about these companies that are illegal and illegitimate and those could care less!

Honestly, if you want to invest dollars and hard work, put it to a place like Angie's List, where it will actually make a difference.Thumbtack has absolutely no idea what it's doing when it comes to the service industry!!!

Review about: Thumbtack Top Pro Rewards Program.

Reason of review: Sham for Service Professionals. Keyword, Professionals. .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Ripoff to businesses, Poor customer vetting process, Service professionals not properly licensed, No professional screening for service providers, Customer leads suck.

Comments