ThumbTack Crazy fee structure

I have been a member (Photographer) on Thumb Tack for a few months.My first lead cost me two credits (not bad) to bid.

I didn't get the job and was refunded. The second lead would cost me 4 credits for the same type of gig as the first...what? I didn't get that one either, but was refunded. Now on the third similar lead, it would cost me "7 CREDITS" WTF!

I am cancelling my account as soon as I finish this review.

Don't waste your time and money with this company.You are better off taking your business elsewhere.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Lead Generation
Review category
Professional Services
review #479125

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 12 Yes 12 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 09, 2015 #993180 Chandler, Arizona

Sounds like you're a crappy professional. I've had great success, partially because I actually understand how it works. I've book 32 shoots in the past 8 months using Thumbtack alone, and the "yelp" type atmosphere and reviews are awesome.
Quit being a baby.

1 8 Reply

Feb 16, 2015 #946624 Norcross, Georgia

How did you go about getting a refund?

0 1 Reply

Feb 21, 2015 #949125 Hampstead, New Hampshire

If the quote is never viewed within 48 hours, your credits are refunded. If someone should decide to read the quote and book you after the refund, you get a freebie -- at least as of this morning. Things change pretty fast with these folks.

0 0 Reply

May 19, 2014 #816867

Yeah, come to Mars and take your business here.

0 2 Reply

Apr 15, 2014 #805219

Thumbtack claims to be great for local businesses to rebuild after they have moved,, why do they send business that is not local to you then?? SCAM!

3 0 Reply

May 19, 2014 #816868

I think they deserve due process first before you calling them "SCAM".
D'you agree, MC?

1 3 Reply

May 26, 2014 #820167

I offer housecleaning services and I get leads and am currently helping two families. The costumer support is really fast with answering back. So far. So good.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Thumbtack. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about