As mentioned I have reduced the amount of time, effort and money spent on Thumbtack.There seems to be no urgency to assure that clients are aware of the level of professionalism they can expect from the vendors they are promoting.
The current model emphasizes the cheapest rate a client can find with no regard to quality. I honestly hate to think of the amount of brides and grooms that have lost the one chance to capture the moment so they may have cherished images to look back on for the rest of their lives. Nothing worse than forever having to look at your wedding day and cry because the part time or beginning photographer was in it for the money without regards to the harm they may cause. Everyone has to start somewhere but taking on weddings before your ready is not the place.
Instead of taking $300 to practice at someones wedding they should be working under a professional to hone their skills till they are proficient enough to assure the job can be done properly. Not ruining the moment and satisfaction of a lifetime for others out of greed while you practice. In this business everything should be about the bride and the groom. The money should always be secondary.
Passion should be the motivator.
With passion for excellence and customer satisfaction the money will be sure to follow.This is how I've managed to strive in the most competitive market in the world.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor business model
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Wedding Photography
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I contacted thumbtack to inform them I left a fake review. Their response was they wanted to maintain integrity so they wont remove it. Its unfathomable, the stupidty of that..."
- "I found a PHOTOBOOTH guy who was to do my guest book through thumbtack. I signed the contract and paid him in full but he never showed and never returned..."
- "I have already quoted close to 20 and have no work. Got one response, which never turned into a client. I have a Masters Degree, 25 years experience, and my..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."