Passaic, New Jersey

As mentioned I have reduced the amount of time, effort and money spent on Thumbtack.There seems to be no urgency to assure that clients are aware of the level of professionalism they can expect from the vendors they are promoting.

The current model emphasizes the cheapest rate a client can find with no regard to quality. I honestly hate to think of the amount of brides and grooms that have lost the one chance to capture the moment so they may have cherished images to look back on for the rest of their lives. Nothing worse than forever having to look at your wedding day and cry because the part time or beginning photographer was in it for the money without regards to the harm they may cause. Everyone has to start somewhere but taking on weddings before your ready is not the place.

Instead of taking $300 to practice at someones wedding they should be working under a professional to hone their skills till they are proficient enough to assure the job can be done properly. Not ruining the moment and satisfaction of a lifetime for others out of greed while you practice. In this business everything should be about the bride and the groom. The money should always be secondary.

Passion should be the motivator.

With passion for excellence and customer satisfaction the money will be sure to follow.This is how I've managed to strive in the most competitive market in the world.

Review about: Wedding Photography.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor business model / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Ron M
Seattle, Washington, United States #1155690

It's up to the client to *** out who is professional and who is not.If a client is not willing to do this then how is this thumbtacks issue.

It seems everyone had to start somewhere and this does connect clients to businesses or even people wanting to provide the service.

I am reviewing this app currently to see what leads I could get to start my own business.

I have done carpentry work for 35 years but have no connections to potential clients. Yes everyone has a budget.

Working within that budget to provide the best results is key to any business.Being profitable is selecting the proper clients with a scope that's within your reach.

I believe this is a fantastic opportunity to begin with a small business.