3.2

I wanted to add something to my previous review..

Firstly, I do still believe Thumbtack creates Fake Requests!

Okay, so i did finally get hired by someone (we have an appointment), keep in mind this doesnt mean i will actually do the job, i.e. many others "hired" me only to cancel the app. just before.

But! Thumbtack will not let me click Hired.. says i must wait the full 24-72 hours before i can mark myself as Hired.

This means 4 other Professionals will be allowed to bid & spend money for nothing!

Thumbtack wants that money!

I have wondered before if this is what was happening to me when bidding ( was someone else already chosen..? )

Now i know the truth!

Its not okay!

Once someone is hired they should close the request.

They want as much $ as possible for each one..

Oh, within minutes the amount of credits needed to bid on one job went from 3 then to 4, now it cost me 5 credits & this just happened today!

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Thumbtack and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Thumbtack.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Thumbtack to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

The reason you can't mark yourself as hired is because it then closes the request, lets say you're the first to quote and you want to *** out the competition, By marking yourself as hired it prevents other businesses from responding and therefore the pro can manipulate the system, when i get hired b4 the 24 hour mark i simply call in to customer service so they can mark it as hired for me

to jeffreyandreason #1106561

Yeah, I figured that was the reason, but still sucks if you're being honest.

Thumbtack does verify it on their side as well though, so I do think they just want as much as possible and I am pretty upset that the price to bid went up again

(twice in one hour) seems shady!

Oh, also my "appointment" did cancel ..8 hours before I was to do the job! Pretty p!$$3d no one cares about your time & money.

I could have booked someone else in that slot but definitely not with 8 hours notice!

People don't care about anyone anymore the world we live in his screwed up! - Give others the respect that you want to be shown!

!!!!!!!!!! The "client" probably had no intention of ever hiring me..

Total BS!IMO..

Stockton, California, United States #1103800

Hmmm? I see the same name, such as Jennifer, but with a different last name letter, very close together in the listings. Are these computers creating faux bids?......

to David #1265401

I have the same thing on my profile and I am incline to believe that Thumbtack generates it's on requests.I have a request from the same customer on my page.

Same date, location, same everything but the price it was quoted as, mind you this is said to be under the "auto quote" system.

So tell me if the system it set to auto quote, the system should know this quote already is out.Not sure how to take this..But this "auto quote" is causing my business to suffer along with a few of my fellow DJ's I know..