Thousands of dollars in damage from Thumbtack pro

I recently purchased a house in NJ. I used to find a hardwood floor refinisher.

I located a 11 times 5 star reviewed company called DLS flooring on Thumbtack’s website. Thumbtack says they’ve been background checked and vetted, licensed and insured. I found DLS Flooring at 110 East 177th street apt -1-F Bronx, NY 10453 (347) 928-5727.

I paid $1000 out of $1500 to Albert Ramos to refinish hardwood floors by buffing and 2 coats of polyurethane.

DLS Flooring owner Albert Ramos did one coat and the floor finishing has serious blotches, drips, etc. He swore up and down he would fix it and make it right. After his fix, it appears the same. In addition, he destroyed my hardwood floors by sanding off the stain under it.

The damage he caused will cost thousands to repair, because he buffed away the wood stain of the wood, and it needs to be resanded and stained.

I contacted Thumbtack on more than three occasions and the only thing they would do is to directed me to their resolution center. To this day, they allow DLS Flooring to do business on

Thumbtack has raised $273 million in venture funding from Google and Sequoia Capital.

In text exchanges, Albert Ramos of DLS says he’s not insured. I could not locate a license in NYC Dept. of Consumer Affairs.

The company won’t refund the $1000 paid, or pay for damages.’s business model does not work. Please protect yourself from Thumbtack nightmare!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Professional Services
review #889601 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 02 #1207342 Chester Township, New Jersey

Never ever ever ever pay for any job until its done and you are satisfied. You probably not recover your money unless you sue him in small claims court which will end up costing you more money even if you represent yourself. Sorry this happened to you and thumbtack is of not help. Lesson learned. I wonder what you can do about thumbtack recommending your scammer and lying about him being vetted and insured? you may try that route. Seems to me they would have some liability in this. I had my floors done by Bates Flooring (I'm also in north Jersey) and they did a fantastic job so maybe try them (I think they owners name is Richard) Good luck

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Thumbtack. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about