I was completely lied to by a wanna be dog trainer; I went to see my dog after a few days and had to take her home because she had a wound on her mouth and scratches all over her nose.The trainer didn't even tell me about her wounds; I had to find out on my own when I came to visit.

She basically stole $600 from me, and did nothing for me. She threw my dog in the back of her house in a pen, and left her to fend for herself. She was in full view of 20 german shepards that were very wild. I got a trainer because my dog has fear of other dogs.

This lady made her issues worse.

Thumbtack basically took her side, and said we needed to work it out amongst ourselves.They recommended a horrible trainer; they don't even check these people out.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Thumbtack and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Thumbtack.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Professional Services category for more informed decision or compare Thumbtack to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

TT does not employ these contractors, they aren't their employees for Thumbtack to be responsible for.You are responsible for who you hire.

Just because Thumbtack linked you to this person doesn't make you void of any blame that your animal was hurt. The reviews your read of this trainer, were they good reviews? i am assuming so. Thumbtack only knows what you know, if they did a background check, they would have gotten the same information that YOU would have got had you done one too.

Which I am sure you did. Right? If you found nothing bad in the background check, which is what I assume was the case since you hired them.. then how could thumbtack forsee what would happen?

Where can i get that crystal ball you think Thumbtack has??

Take some responsibility people!

to Anonymous #1263604

So anonymous Mar 29 above...What department at thump *** err thumptack do you work?

You sure sound like a PAID dutiful EMPLOYEE!!!! BTW.....

I HATE thumbtack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Biggest SCAM going on the web!!

Is the dog trainer licensed by the State or have a State issued business license for the service he/she is charging you for?

If your pet sustained injuries while in this so called dog trainers care and while on the dog trainers property.This person is liable for your dogs injuries as well as any medical treatment and care your dog requires.

First, you need to call the county the dog trainer lives in and make sure he/she is even zoned and or licensed to conduct a business on their property. i.e. dog training/boarding.

If need be file a small claims civil suit against the dog trainer.Especially in the event this so called trainer isn't licensed, as well as for the injury's your dog sustained while on this individuals private property and in his/her care.