2.5

I am catering company, most of my client find me outside Thumbtack! Anyway I try it and find a lot of good leads that was made for me, I send 22 leads in 3 days, All come negative most of them doesn't respond, the other leads are canceled by the client. When I ask Thumbtack about canceled lead, they respond, look like the client go another way, How do they know that? because me I just see "Quote has been read" nothing more, also most of the least doesn't make sense like people send lead for 50 people catering with $1500 budget total with Budget per person of $45 ($45 x 50 = $2250) and most of the lead are like that! Anyway I talk to Thumbtack tell them I will stop buying leads because in 22 Leads no one responding or cancel their lead after we pay for it...Shortly after, a Miracle, a client finally respond on one lead and write me this: (I Copy/Paste message I receive)

"Thank you so much for reaching out with your detailed information and custom proposal/quote. I appreciate it enormously. For this occasion I have decided to go another route, so unfortunately I won't get to work with you now, but I will absolutely keep your business in mind for any future event! I will mention that I stumbled upon this website purely by accident, and without it I would never have learned about your fantastic catering service. Your effort to offer a high quality, minimum cost event with delicious hors d'oeuvre really stands out commendably. I would be delighted to work with you in the future."

Don't you thing that look suspicious, look so perfect, I not even make any business for that person, How she know I provide High quality and Delicious hors d'oeuvre , she never eat them or I not send any picture of my food. That Message come just after I decide to stop using Thumbtack. Well Maybe it's real message but for me look too much perfect and it's the only response I got from 22 leads. Also the person doesn't exist nowhere not even on Facebook, most of the people who send leads are no way to find! Anyway Just for say I will Understand if one or 2 client doesn't respond but 22 leads? why people will not respond for service they asking for? Just beware! Sound not real all this!

Review about: Thumbtack Leads.

I liked: Concept.

I didn't like: Suspicious leads, No results, No accountability.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

sen

let thumbtack prove to people that pay their salaries , that clients leads are real.

if you wanna honest website use ihire.co and pay $2.00 only if you get hired. no prepay bids or any scams like

to sen Norwalk, California, United States #1338384

Ihire is not the same concept as Thumbtack. Thumbtack is for people looking for a service on a one time or limited basis, not a regular job.

Thanks you for sharing your review. I wondered if most or many of their leads were fake.

I think the leads are bots and/or fake.I'm a photobooth business and I would quote ridiculously low prices and would never get a response.

Thumbtack seems shady to me.I won't be spending my marketing budget on them anymore.