2.5

I am catering company, most of my client find me outside Thumbtack! Anyway I try it and find a lot of good leads that was made for me, I send 22 leads in 3 days, All come negative most of them doesn't respond, the other leads are canceled by the client. When I ask Thumbtack about canceled lead, they respond, look like the client go another way, How do they know that? because me I just see "Quote has been read" nothing more, also most of the least doesn't make sense like people send lead for 50 people catering with $1500 budget total with Budget per person of $45 ($45 x 50 = $2250) and most of the lead are like that! Anyway I talk to Thumbtack tell them I will stop buying leads because in 22 Leads no one responding or cancel their lead after we pay for it...Shortly after, a Miracle, a client finally respond on one lead and write me this: (I Copy/Paste message I receive)

"Thank you so much for reaching out with your detailed information and custom proposal/quote. I appreciate it enormously. For this occasion I have decided to go another route, so unfortunately I won't get to work with you now, but I will absolutely keep your business in mind for any future event! I will mention that I stumbled upon this website purely by accident, and without it I would never have learned about your fantastic catering service. Your effort to offer a high quality, minimum cost event with delicious hors d'oeuvre really stands out commendably. I would be delighted to work with you in the future."

Don't you thing that look suspicious, look so perfect, I not even make any business for that person, How she know I provide High quality and Delicious hors d'oeuvre , she never eat them or I not send any picture of my food. That Message come just after I decide to stop using Thumbtack. Well Maybe it's real message but for me look too much perfect and it's the only response I got from 22 leads. Also the person doesn't exist nowhere not even on Facebook, most of the people who send leads are no way to find! Anyway Just for say I will Understand if one or 2 client doesn't respond but 22 leads? why people will not respond for service they asking for? Just beware! Sound not real all this!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). soleilrouge is overall dissatisfied with Thumbtack and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about thumbtack leads at Thumbtack was suspicious leads, no results and no accountability , but reviewer liked concept. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Thumbtack.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Professional Services category for more informed decision or compare Thumbtack to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

let thumbtack prove to people that pay their salaries , that clients leads are real.

if you wanna honest website use ihire.co and pay $2.00 only if you get hired. no prepay bids or any scams like

to sen Norwalk, California, United States #1338384

Ihire is not the same concept as Thumbtack. Thumbtack is for people looking for a service on a one time or limited basis, not a regular job.

Thanks you for sharing your review. I wondered if most or many of their leads were fake.

I think the leads are bots and/or fake.I'm a photobooth business and I would quote ridiculously low prices and would never get a response.

Thumbtack seems shady to me.I won't be spending my marketing budget on them anymore.