Turnaround Time

I would agree with most of these one star reviews on thumbtack from this site I have reported them to the Florida Attorney General. They changed there terms of service recently and are defrauding Pros who were successfully using there service in the past.

They need to be investigated and am willing to join any class action suit against them. Like so many other reviews, this former user of the service confirms that what WAS good is no more. Thumbtack's greed, which the company attempts to disguise as a marketing system in favor of its clients, has literally turned off so many people and the ultimate value provided no longer exists. The company no longer serves as a lead generator.

It has simply become a fee collector that no longer promotes freedom of expression to prospective customers. From another reviewer who echos the experience of Hundreds of pros

Stay far away as possible. Thumbtack use to be a good website to help match professionals with customers and then they changed everything. They are scamming pros with fake leads charging ridiculous amounts even for customers who are just curious about a quote and they have a strict no refund policy.

That's right. Let me break it down. They get someone on the inside to post a job. Let's say example paint interior and exterior of home.

Well that person picks out specific contractors they would like to work with for Thumbtack. The more the better.

So let's say 10 pros are picked. Well Thumbtack claims the customer would like to work directly with you and only you. Do you accept or decline?

Just when you may think you landed a job and accept the other 9 pros also accept and charges $80 each which equals $800 right in Thumbtack's pocket which the entire time the customer is either affiliated with Thumbtack or could just be a curious customer looking for some prices. Either way only person that wins at the end is the scammers.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Thumbtacks keeps charging my credit card for no reason.

Comments

your darn right thumbtack is a scam

#1621926

I was scammed by codi from thumbtack. He took 300.00 of my money spent less then 1 hour on the job and it was a 5 hour job.

He said he needed to go to his truck and then left permanently. I texted him repeatedly and he never responded ever. I guess he thought 300.00 was going to make hi Rucker but it definitely made me unable to do the job I needed to do. I’m on a fixed income.

So I guess he won for now!

What gos around comes around, and usually it isn’t pretty for the scammer. Thank you for your voice pistoffconsumer.com