I have been with thumbtack since 2013. I have spent over $11k with them from 2013 to 12/16/2017, in what has been generally an acceptable business expense.

The service is what I use to get new customers. Recently I was notified a background check was needed to continue use; I complied. NOW I am informed that I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANY NEW BUSINESS until the background check is completed, which is expected to take 1-2 weeks??? How in the @#$% does THAT jive w anything approaching fairness?

How about some @#$% NOTICE? "...attention, in late December 2017 you'll be shut down for 2 weeks until we check your background.." And at Christmas time, too? Wow... So now, for 2 weeks it is like someone has swiped from me my main source for new business.

There is not even a similar comparison w other forms of business advertisement that I can use - it's like someone takes down your signs for 2 weeks.

Wow. (pic - "read between the Lines, Thumbtack!)

I didn't like: Treatment of pros.

Comments

I had exactly the same experience. After several years working with them with 95% five star reviews, I was suddenly shut down for a "background check" I can't even access the site.

I also agree with those complaining about fake leads.

I I'm convinced this is happening. I like life isn't difficult enough without an outfit that supposed to be on your side trying to screw you.

Same thing just happened to me. Terrible way to treat your customers thumbtack.

YES! They are doing the exact same thing to me. Requesting a second background check from me!!!!!!!!