In my several month experience with Thumbtack, it's become fairly obvious that the price wars this encourages among those in my trade placing bids virtually guarantees that those needing my service(or probably just about any service) want the lowest price around. I'm flexible at times about my price but it's not worth paying even the lowest commission @ $3.33 to Thumbtack just to get rejected because I can't or won't match that lower price.

Sure, probably if I needed the biz enough, then yes, but I've been in my trade for too long to stoop to this. I much prefer Angie's List because the people in the market for my kind of service want QUALITY work done, not some cheap tradesman or contractor whose only interest is getting business because he undercuts everyone else.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of thumbtack leads. Thumbtack needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thumbtack leads in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thumbtack.

Comments

you are correct I have clients who have told me that some painters coming so cheap it was scary and you know that a lot of clients will hire these Cheapo painters

I do quality work and I can't compete with these guys there's also a guy out there who is really cheap and does good work I don't know how he could afford to charge so little it's killing me