i hate this website they get you by saying youll get a lot of hits and requests then you have to pay to respond back to people emails? are you kidding me thats the stupidest *** ive ever seen i can put my add on craigslist for FREE AND GET WAY MORE HITS ive thumbtack is *** do not sign up for this web site it is a waste of time if id known youd have to pay to respond i would NEVER HAVE CLICKED ON THEIR FACE BOOK LINK THEY ADVERTISE IT AS A FREE WEBSITE VERY UNSATISFIED WOULD RATE -10

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of thumbtack website from Thumbtack. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Thumbtack to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Thumbtack for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

What a great point! Its cheaper just posting an ad on craigslist.

I actually switched to http://www.bloomchase.com because it was less expensive and when I chat with a client its cause they want to do business with me instead of me trying to win a race with other people.

Half the time the customer, if its actually a real person, just goes with the cheapest vs experience and Im just not willing to sacrifice my sanity dealing with clients who dont appreciate my expertise. Im a counselor/coach by the way.

Thumbtack is a doomed business model. Only struggling contractors would stick with a program where a third party has inserted themselves between you and your client.

A strong business is built from referrals from satisfied clients.

If you can't get referrals from the jobs you do, then you need to work on your basics. But to pay someone for what could even be false leads and you pay to provide them a quote and pay to respond to their emails is utter nonsense.

TTsocial

Thanks for posting here. We definitely don’t want to mislead pros when they use our service.

Our site is free to sign up and view all customers requests, and pros only pay when they want to respond to a customers request. We chose the pay-per-quote model because we’ve seen it benefit both parties the best; customers get quotes from only interested and available pros, and professionals have the freedom to choose how often they quote, so they’re never spending more of their marketing dollars than they’d like.

The other great thing about our site is that you can always follow-up with customers you’ve previously quoted. It’s totally free and a great way to show them that you’re willing to go out of your way to help them finish their project.

We understand that what we’ve created is a totally new way to market yourself, so we want each pro to do what they feel is best for their business.

We have a ton of resources and tools for professionals to succeed through our site, so please feel free to reach out to us anytime you have questions. We’re here to help you.

-Alexis

to TTsocial #1441272

Oh please. If the person was just scanning through they hardly even check those responses. My conversion rate of actually chatting with someone decreased after 2 days of initially paying and responding.Plus theres no reason to even be on the site if youre not willing to pay to get a lead.

Buford, Georgia, United States #1038595

I didn't know they charged you to send a followup email to a viewed quote! Terrible!

I wondered why I had been going through my credits so fast lately! Ugh!

Agree totally!!!! Do they think we r *** enough to pay to give a quote to every inquiry? Yes, craigslist free ad is much better!!!!!!