Glendale, California

I got 3 messages today from Thumbtack. One saying that a customer specifically requested me .....only they are 450 miles away!

Then the next message said I have a message from a customer that said “looks good, what’s next now?” And then the third message said I had yet another message from a customer that said “what makes you a good fit for this job?” These “customers” NEVER sent messages....it was thumbtack putting in the message as if a customer was asking. AND the real funny thing??? All 3 messages were from the same customer name....all 3 different customers were named “Jennifer Fish” with different locations but same type of party with exact same number of people needing a face painter! I was beginning to think the site was no longer legit after they raised their prices like 1000%.

Now I KNOW FOR SURE! Total scammers!

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Leads.

Reason of review: Fake leads.

Thumbtack Cons: Prices to send quotes.

Comments

Tyreik

this same thing happened to me! luckily i didn’t lose as much $, but still out around $200.

i decided to deactivate my account.

i used to get good leads and jobs in the past (about 2-3 years ago) and now nothing except what you mentioned above. not worth the risk!!

Thumbtack Reviews