1.4

My client robbed me of over $5,000 in work. When the first phase of the project was completed, she suddenly claimed I hadn't done the work (even though she had been very happy with everything I'd been doing, the contract clearly outlines what I was supposed to do, and I even did a lot of extra work over and above the contract). She happily used the work I did for her, though, even as she refused to pay me. My client also said she had fired other designers during their contracts, and claimed they hadn't done the work either; I believed her until she did the same thing to me.

I contacted Thumbtack, worried that she would continue exploiting designers on the site. They didn't even want the emails between us, copies of the work I did, or the contract between us. They contacted my former client, believed her garbage (I assume), and told me they were going to monitor MY account to make sure my clients were happy in the future!

Obviously, I deleted my account.

Be warned, designers. It all sounds fine until you realize you're just trusting a stranger with no accountability. And suing my client would've been too expensive (who knew our legal system was that absurd?), so, in the end, I was robbed of over $5,000 in work and the time I wasted when I could've been working on proper contracts.

I strongly recommend you avoid this site.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and bad clients. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of thumbtack customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5400. Thumbtack needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thumbtack customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thumbtack.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Put a lean on her business or property.

UnhappyProfessional1

I had a client not pay and Thumbtack did the same thing, only went a step further and called me a liar by putting words in my mouth and saying that I said something I didn't in my initial phone call about the nonpayment!

They want to keep non-paying customers and don't care if they rip off more pros as long as they are still making money from the bids they submit..

UNBELIEVABLY DECEPTIVE!

on their part!

I now wonder how many times this person has taken advantage of the other professionals on Thumbtack!.?

thumbtack does not check or confirm that the companies providing work or license I've noticed that a majority of the companies providing work are not licensed and probably not I'm sure either,

If you have a signed contract. Go down to the courthouse and put a lein on the property.