Thumbtack changed their pricing structure. I have been charged 19.00 SO FAR for only ONE potential customer.

Apparently this is because we've had more than one exchange. Plus this lady addressed me as "Jeff," which isn't my name, and when I responded she said that my "number kept coming up as invalid." Wtf??? And - I've gotten two separate requests from the same potential customer, which I already turned down. AND - I've received several requests for a service I don't provide.

If they're going to charge when a customer responds directly, that's fine, and I did agree to that.

I did NOT agree to being charged multiple times for the same lead!! Thumbtack sucks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Leads.

Reason of review: Pricing ripoff.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Thumbtack Cons: No customer service.

Comments

Used to use Thumbtack a lot. They've changed ability to respond directly to customer, and due to location and/or length of appointment, I don't always charge the same amount.

On top of that, their charge for leads has SKYROCKETED! I almost got charged 17% of the service I provide & realized it when I accidentally hit a link showing it. IMMEDIATELY contacted live chat, & he really tried to defend Thumbtack's exorbitant fees, but finally retracted my quote for me so I wouldn't get charged. For private lessons, for which I usually charge $20 was a $13 fee for the lead!

And that's before you even GET the customer!

OUTRAGEOUS! GREED!!!!