Crystal B Mdv

Balance

Ive had a balance that I would like to speak with someone about because I was charged for customers that were not real customers. They just wanted quotes and they did not want real business.

I would like to use the app but I refuse to pay for these leads when they are not real leads.

They have no intention of hiring anyone, they do not respond, they do not return calls or emails and yet businesses are being charged $100 just to get the lead. How can a small business survive?

Loss:
Pros:
  • Leads for business services
  • Advertising for small businesses
Cons:
  • Fake jobs
  • Price of leads

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Watch what you accept for leads

Guest

I agree with you 100%. Thumbtack gets "leads" from third parties like NextDoor where the customer clicks on "get a free quote" but is then forced to make a booking to proceed never intending to make an actual appointment.

Thumbtack then charges the contractor for an "Instant booking" at an exorbitant rate. Thumbtack only gives a 15-minute window for the customer to cancel the booking for the funds to be refunded (in the past it was 1 hour). In my experience, the customer cannot figure out how to download, create an account, and navigate the site to cancel in 15 minutes. I have requested on multiple times to remove the "Instant Booking" option and that is now NOT an option!

I feel Thumbtack has a very dishonest trade practice and is prime for a class action lawsuit. I hope there is an attorney out there ready to take this on.

Gerhardt Qgd

Unfinished work!!!!

Thumbtack - Unfinished work!!!!

I hired Justin to work on a small area of cabinets and shoe cabinets. He didn't keep his word, he came whenever he wanted and for however long he wanted, constantly explaining that he had small children.

I had to go away for a few weeks while Justin had to finish everything during those days. So I made him the other half of the payment from afar. When I returned home, I noticed that the shoe cabinets were not finished at all inside, there were no back walls and in the middle as well, and the shoes fell onto the floor when the cabinet was closed. The work was done very carelessly, even though Justin assured me that everything would be perfect.

I sent him texts and phone calls, but he didn't respond. I would never recommend him to anyone!!!

Cons:
  • Zero contact with company

Preferred solution: FINISH HIS JOB!!

User's recommendation: NEVER HIRE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerhardt Qgd

a disreputable guy and a botched job!

David K Axt

Verified Reviewer

Clarification on services being offered

They charge two people for a job that only one person gets in some instances in other instances they have God knows who could be them sending fake *** jobs that don't even answer the call you get charged even when you say it don't match you're preference that it was well more in depth you get charged it was good when I started last September but they bill me for *** and I have no contact with anyone one week 150$ in dead money they will not re emburse
Loss:
Pros:
  • When they actually send you real jobs
Cons:
  • Are the con this company

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: They will get you're money one way or another and the time u spend trying to o actually get a job is horrible

Joseph S Mig

Poor customer service

I have been a Thumbtack Pro for years, speaking hundreds and sometime thousands of dollars per month!

I recently submitted a request for a refund because the customer CANCELLED the job after I was charged a lead fee.

I was denied a refund through an automated email. When I called and spoke to a rep, she explained that the Thumbtack policy was that even if I job is canceled, they dont refund the lead fee.

This is not how it has been in the past!

When I asked to be connected to a supervisor, I was told, they would put in a request for a return phone call and I would be contacted by a supervisor in 24 to 48 hours. I was told this on previous occasions and I never received a return call.

This is an issue for the Better Business Bureau or a Class Action Lawsuit for all of us small business owners who are being screwed by Thumbtack.

I encourage others (like I will do) to move from Thumbtack to Fash.com.

Not only are the leads less expensive, the customer service is much better and they actually seem to care about their customers, not just about making as much money as possible (at their customers expense).

Rev. Joseph Schmidt

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good exposure
Cons:
  • Poor customer service and excuses

User's recommendation: Leave Thumbtack and go to Fash.com

Sandra L Mvw

Pro services are non-existant

I used to have dozens and dozens of 5-star reviews and they have all disappeared when I paused my account and re-instated it. I've been trying to connect with customer service but all I get is the automated texting that never understands what I'm saying then loops me into restarting my question. Nothing has gotten resolved and no human being is every around to answer my question. I need my reviews back! I can't operate as a Pro without all my reviews.
Cons:
  • No customer service help

Preferred solution: a human being to answer my call

User's recommendation: If you need customer service help, good luck!

Chibi M

| map-marker New York, New York

THUMBTACK CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Who is doing a lawsuit!!!???! I've lost ALOT OF MONEY AND ALL OF MY BUSINESS ON THUMBTACK AND IM IN THE NYC AREA!!! THUMBTACK RECENTLY CALLED ME ASKING ME TO GET BACK ON AND I ASKED THEM DID THEY STOP THE INSTANTBOOKS?! THEY SAID NO. I NEED A PLAN FOR A LAWSUIT!! I USED TO MAKE AROUND 90K ON TT!!! NOW IM MAKING CLOSE TO NOTHING Angie212nyc@***.com
Travis K Bwf

| map-marker Stafford, Virginia

I need to get in my account to pay bill but it's saying my account is deactivated

I need to get in my account to pay my bill but its saying my account is deactivated Ill like to continue using thumbtack but it wont let me in to solve my issue so please help me get in so I can pay my bill and get more leads on jobs. I think thumbtack is a app to use so Ill like to move forward and continue with it thanks..
AV V Aoy

Verified Reviewer

Scam, charge your credit card left and right. Woke up and as soon as money posted on my card they took $350 from my card. No refunds ,no customer service , all fake and scam. NEVER AGAIN

Got a lead who booked an appointment with me. Drove an hour from home.

Dude never was home once I arrived. Call him and he says he never booked an appointment with me yet I had the proof on my phone. He wasn't even home. All withing 5 min this dude changed the status from hired to job done to " not hired" even though I had proof he booked me on thumbtack app.

I didn't get refunded and got charged about $120. Wtf is this. I asked for refund for a month and never a reply. Says a dispute takes 3-5 days well its been a month and never was given a refund or contacted.

Said I owe thumbtack $133 and I tried to delete my account permanently which it wouldn't let me. As soon as money was on my card, they had nerve to take out $350 off my card *** scammers . Hope they get sued big time. Can't charge me for leads I never had.

Still can't delete my account or get customer service. I had no choice bt to deactivate my account now. Imagine I deactivated my account and thumbtack still tries to charge me for some crazy made up excuse. When you call that 1 customer service number it goes to voicemail and the persons name is Alicia.

I spoke to her once and seemed too good to be true. After that I asked her for a refund am she said she doesn't do refunds well wtf do you do then because every time i call that customer service number it says ",you've reached the voicemail box of Alicia whatever her last name is. It's like there's only that 1 person who works for this specific customer service number.

Total *** scam. The leads are like $140 sometimes way more expensive like outrageous and the you charge the person the same amount if not less so basically you're not making ***

Loss:
Cons:
  • Scammed me out of 400 by overpriced charges for single leads

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't try thumbtack or your debit card will be getting charged and money missing left and right. Most of the time the customers don't even hire you but you still get charged just for the person contacting you which is stupid it's so scam

map-marker Saucier, Mississippi

I cannot get anyone to help me with a refund for a lead

I paid $147 for a lead as a contractor, i never received any correspondence from the client despite several emails, text messages and voice mails. i have tried calling support but only am able to speak by text message to a bot that quite honestly is completely frustrating sending me through a constant loop of non-sensical questions and dead ends. I want my refund, I do not want lead credit! I don't ever want another potential lead from Thumbtack again! please help!
Nasia M

Awful customer service

Thumbtack - Awful customer service
Fees are outrageous and youre not guaranteed a client. They took my money and then said my account and license was verified but then it was in violation. No one would tell me why my name, picture and introduction violated their agreement. The text customer support number is a joke and the phone number says they are in training or hangs up on you.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Leads
Cons:
  • Expensive and may not be a good lead

Preferred solution: Fix my account. Partial refund.

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your time.

Michele W Cxx

No showed up at their appointment for 2 o'clock at my house

Thumbtack - No showed up at their appointment for 2 o'clock at my house
No one showed up for their appointment and Thumtack doesnt have a way to call them to find out whats going on. This was a very urgent situation at my home
Cons:
  • And their contracts do not deliver
  • Do not deliver

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not use Thumbtack or Pure maintenance

map-marker San Francisco, California

Terrible customer/pro service.

How is it possible such a large company absolutely refuses to provide any real customer service? Absolutely NO real customer service. Just a prompt that goes in a loop. Complete trash. DO NOT use this service as a customer or a pro!! STEER CLEAR OF THUMBTACK !!

User's recommendation: Absolutely NOT

Charles Lee M

Verified Buyer

Charges on my account

Thumbtack - Charges on my account
I see there is charges in my credit card bill i did not authorize this transaction please give it back my card ends in 8556 my name is Charles Lee Maxie III I live in Colorado 80922 Email is supersweetservices@***.com Give me my money back on my card now!!! Please Call Me 719499****
Loss:
Cons:
  • Charged 322 dollars i didnt even sign up for this

User's recommendation: Stupid

Sharon S Tem

Verified Reviewer

No spoken contact with a human at company.

It is virtually impossible to speak to anyone at Thumbtack. All contact is virtual or by text only. Furthermore, I was directed to a 3rd party outside tech company at the cost of $46 while attempting to "call" Thumbtack. This may be an example of AI going too far. Yes, they have a listed "phone" number but it doesn't work; you will never speak with anyone. I was attempting to inquire about a refund for a service.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good idea for bring locals & small biz owners together
Cons:
  • No in person communication

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't bother attempting to call Thumbtack. They have a "phone" number listed but it is non-operative.d

map-marker Orlando, Florida

Refusal of request

I have received biased and unprofessional treatment by Benton with the safety department. I called Josh in support to request a supervisor or to deal no with anyone OTHER than Benton. I was repeatedly denied. This is a clear violation of my rights. I am requesting someone who can assist me asap.