Review about Thumbtack Bidding from Hartsville, South Carolina

I wanted to add something to my previous review..

Firstly, I do still believe Thumbtack creates Fake Requests!

Okay, so i did finally get hired by someone (we have an appointment), keep in mind this doesnt mean i will actually do the job, i.e. many others "hired" me only to cancel the app. just before.

But! Thumbtack will not let me click Hired.. says i must wait the full 24-72 hours before i can mark myself as Hired.

This means 4 other Professionals will be allowed to bid & spend money for nothing!

Thumbtack wants that money!

I have wondered before if this is what was happening to me when bidding ( was someone else already chosen..? )

Now i know the truth!

Its not okay!

Once someone is hired they should close the request.

They want as much $ as possible for each one..

Oh, within minutes the amount of credits needed to bid on one job went from 3 then to 4, now it cost me 5 credits & this just happened today!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 04 #1106522

The reason you can't mark yourself as hired is because it then closes the request, lets say you're the first to quote and you want to *** out the competition, By marking yourself as hired it prevents other businesses from responding and therefore the pro can manipulate the system, when i get hired b4 the 24 hour mark i simply call in to customer service so they can mark it as hired for me

0 0 Reply

Feb 04 #1106561

Yeah, I figured that was the reason, but still sucks if you're being honest.
Thumbtack does verify it on their side as well though, so I do think they just want as much as possible and I am pretty upset that the price to bid went up again
(twice in one hour) seems shady!
Oh, also my "appointment" did cancel ..8 hours before I was to do the job! Pretty p!$$3d no one cares about your time & money.
I could have booked someone else in that slot but definitely not with 8 hours notice!
People don't care about anyone anymore the world we live in his screwed up! - Give others the respect that you want to be shown! !!!!!!!!!! The "client" probably had no intention of ever hiring me.. Total BS! IMO..

0 0 Reply

Jan 31 #1103800 Stockton, California

Hmmm? I see the same name, such as Jennifer, but with a different last name letter, very close together in the listings. Are these computers creating faux bids?......

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Thumbtack. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about