904 views

I called Thumbtack yesterday to explain to them that there is no way I can submit an accurate bid for a video based on vague information such as this:

Emma C.

Videographer Needed

Submit quote

Emma C. is looking to hire a videographer. Here are the details of Emma's commercial, movie, or music videography needs. You can quote until 10:31am on September 12.

Profile Customer Location

Approximate final video runtime

5 minutes

Video showing location

Online

Additional video project services requested

None

When

I'm flexible

Where

Orlando, FL 32808

Professional must travel to my address.

-------------------------------------------------

And you're right, the concept of this type of website is viable. Just not in this manner. Therefore, I am embarking on building a website under a very similar model within the state of Florida, only I will include the information that we all as bidders have asked for in order to complete a valid estimate.

Vendors must be able to speak with the client, there are far to many variables to consider.

I welcome input from all Thumbtack users on what you wish to see as the ideal system that puts all of you on an even playing field. I too am sick of scams.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Website.

Reason of review: Not Viable.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Tampa, Florida

Comments

doubt it

Hello...did you, in fact, get a website set up for FL photographers? I'd be very interested, if so...

Thanks!

An disheartened, ex-Thumbtack user! JK

let me know when you do :)

.. THERE NOT getting it ..e need MORE PRECISE INFORMATION before bidding..

The Picture producer .. colette lau

Very interesting that you write this. I have been thinking the same for years.

Thumb Tack is viable but misses the boat in some negative ways. I am interested in speaking with you as an I.T. and web person.

Please contact me at anytime. techsolutionfl@***.com 407361****