1K views

7/19/2017 COMPLAINT.draft I have been trying for years with Thumbtack to no avail. Sexual predation from requestors, paying fees I shouldn't be paying because they refuse to acknowledge travel range, having to spend endless time looking at emails that have nothing to do with massage because they have request info at the very end which should be at the front, and also because they refuse to put massage therapy in its own class (not lumped together with beauty and sports).

They have no session time limit for outcall, for incall (despite my many requests to put that or algorithm that in my site); they charge for responses to quotes way out of your mileage range that I (you) have clearly identified more than once; they don't stop sexual predation after endless requests from (me) pros to stop that; their selections for requesters (clients) don't ever indicate whether they want 2 therapists or they are requesting therapy for 1 therapist for 2 clients; I spent 2 years asking Thumbtack to define time limit client wants, not 60-90mins ..to define 60 or 90 mins (finally, after 2 years, they do it). Their "algorithms" are abhorrent and their disrespect is abhorrent when speaking and chatting with them endless times. They are way too young, dont care. They charge way too much and I have paid over and aboard what I decently should have, considering the exceedingly excessive time I have had to unjustly spend on everything Thumbtack, especially considering the sexual predation complaints I have sent to Thumbtack agents over the years, which have been neglected as of today's sexual predation.

I am ready to file a formal CLASS ACTION complaint against them. They are very close to being as horrible as YELP (at least Yelp doesnt have sexual predators). I need a CLASS (60 or more complainants). Thumbtack needs to know they have to stop ..

only way is a Class Action. Please respond. (would like your stories as a "Pro", no insults please). I would like myself to develop a reputable decent site for reputable therapists, but that takes years.

For now, these ones online need to account for themselves and how horrible they are.. Young they may be, but thats no excuse.

Its called human decency. lanae lagurule@comcast.net

Review about: Thumbtack Health And Beauty Advertisement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

They charged so much I lost on jobs. They refused to break down their charges for me. I have asked to no avail.

#1482025

Experienced HEAVY losses due to fraudulent leads. I'm in on this, lets get a class action going.sadlerjames15@gmail.com

Im in - streamlineav93@gmail.comI saw the ship heading south early in 2017. They flat out steal now, lets hit them where it hurts.

Yes I have experienced being asked for sexual favors from leads as well as fake leads. jenniferbouzek@yahoo.com

I would be part of this class action law suit. I can be reached at frivera2006@aol.com

Has anything happened with this if so please email me resnickplumbing@yahoo.com

Add me to the list for pros that have been disqualified with no response for reasoning. I have always maintained great educate and customer satisfaction.

I had 98% satisfaction rating out of many customers I worked for. I worked hard to meet and exceed the requirements of thumbtack and i invested a good deal of money towards the goal of becoming successful and i would have been a success story using the thumbtack company. It was a service I paid for and i did not receive my share of the deal. Invested in the process and received nothing in return including a no reason termination.

I'm in on the lawsuit if it is still an option. The name is Kirk and I'm an unsatisfied thumbtack pro contractor.

They set me up after building my small startup. And now all the time and money spent was a waste.

Business is destroyed because of instant radical changes. I knew something was wrong when I stopped getting responses. They started the instant quote program and bids sent went from 5 to 10+ per customer. I was dumping so much money in without knowing it changed.

They essentially ruined me, and I'm sure hundreds more small business almost overnight. Hopefully attorneys will want to start taking part in this.If you are still planning on tho s, I'd like to hear more

Add me to the list. I would be willing to help with legal cost. They must pay for what they are doing to so many people.

I’ve been in Thumbtack for one year and rated as a top pro. They made these instant match changes which just amplified all the complaints I’m reading. They are definitely stealing and I want some justice at this point.

Yes please count me in. I have spent over $2k on their fake leads. please send me the information on solange_227@yahoo.com

The scammed me out of $50 getting me to bid on fake leads. I know they are fake, because I will offer a great deal which none can beat, and I never hear a peep!

a person looking for my service will usually ask me questions about what I have to offer, cuz people shop. On thumbtack, its nothing but silence. theres no way I could get 10-15 leads emailed to me a day and not one person has a question about my deal. Every other platform generates more e-mails than I can handle on my own.

Tumbtack, nothing..

COUNT ME IN! michael.hixson@live.com

I have taken note of fake jobs and their refusal to refund. Im on board. I have a significant list of "customers" that have not hired any pro.

Is this still being pursued? The additions they have made of late have sent it over the edge of acceptability. I would also seek to have them shut down.

Experiencing similar troubles... count me in and send any information to gtskon@gmail.com, thank you!

I am in on this also. Not only fake leads that I confirmed through google after getting the persons last name and area they live.

They had no knowledge of Thumbtack sending out information. They were simply looking at the internet for a round about price. And thumbtack ran with it.

They also put out ghost leads and they kicked me off of their site like I did something wrong. This is ridiculous and Thumbtack should have to pay damages and wages lost.

I'm going through the same thing. Can you email me the information to sign up..williamwineberry@yahoo.com

I want in on this I paid out hundreds in fake leads, TT needs to be shut down and now they are saying you don't have to pay unless you are contacted but in the fine print it says you have to pay "more than $120 if no one contacts you"!!

to Chris #1433839

Chris can I put you on a class action lawsuit list I’m gathering as many names and experiences as possible

Please send your info to

Joneshdhs@aol.com

to Manifest777 #1444198

Please add us to class action. We have been using thumbtack for the past 2 years and now with the fake leads and the prices going through the roof they have basically put me out of business.

My marketing cost have DOUBLED what they were last year.

Thumbtack makes more more money off of my business then any of my employees and myself. NOT ACCEPTABLE!Please add - contact@dynamicmovingsolutions.com