1.3K views

7/19/2017 COMPLAINT.draft I have been trying for years with Thumbtack to no avail. Sexual predation from requestors, paying fees I shouldn't be paying because they refuse to acknowledge travel range, having to spend endless time looking at emails that have nothing to do with massage because they have request info at the very end which should be at the front, and also because they refuse to put massage therapy in its own class (not lumped together with beauty and sports).

They have no session time limit for outcall, for incall (despite my many requests to put that or algorithm that in my site); they charge for responses to quotes way out of your mileage range that I (you) have clearly identified more than once; they don't stop sexual predation after endless requests from (me) pros to stop that; their selections for requesters (clients) don't ever indicate whether they want 2 therapists or they are requesting therapy for 1 therapist for 2 clients; I spent 2 years asking Thumbtack to define time limit client wants, not 60-90mins ..to define 60 or 90 mins (finally, after 2 years, they do it). Their "algorithms" are abhorrent and their disrespect is abhorrent when speaking and chatting with them endless times. They are way too young, dont care. They charge way too much and I have paid over and aboard what I decently should have, considering the exceedingly excessive time I have had to unjustly spend on everything Thumbtack, especially considering the sexual predation complaints I have sent to Thumbtack agents over the years, which have been neglected as of today's sexual predation.

I am ready to file a formal CLASS ACTION complaint against them. They are very close to being as horrible as YELP (at least Yelp doesnt have sexual predators). I need a CLASS (60 or more complainants). Thumbtack needs to know they have to stop ..

only way is a Class Action. Please respond. (would like your stories as a "Pro", no insults please). I would like myself to develop a reputable decent site for reputable therapists, but that takes years.

For now, these ones online need to account for themselves and how horrible they are.. Young they may be, but thats no excuse.

Its called human decency. lanae lagurule@comcast.net

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Health And Beauty Advertisement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 19, 2017.

Comments

Thumbtack notified me I cannot get on the app unless I agree to their new terms of use & privacy policy. If I agree I cannot join the class action law suit.

If I don't agree I cannot login. They want to access my messages, video, audio, ECT. I'm a mover I bid on a 4 bedroom move.Thumbtack charges me $61. The customer then tells me he only needs a couch moved.

He lives an hour and thirty minutes away.

I exolain this the Thumbtack expecting my money back. They told me it was legit I had customer contact.

I have been ripped off too by Thumbtack. contact me at mikedallen74@gmail.com to hear my story.

I contacted Thumbtack today regarding a few customers that either marked us as hired (no responses to the messages, follow up, etc), replied to us with their quick reply options (again, no responses to the messages, follow up, etc), and either called us through their discreet phone message system (not the customers actual number, but a temp number) - I simply request a refund today for a customer named Bruce Shutan ... Bruce replied to our quote the following - "Appreciate the quote...".

$75 charged ! We sent follow up messages over and over and over again. No reply from Bruce. I contacted Thumbtack to request a refund because it's not fair to me to be charged for a THANK YOU message.

Their reply was that it shows the customer interested and therefore the charge is valid. WTF ! I chatted with them about this for over 20 minutes to no avail. But ironically, about an hour after my long and intensive conversation, "Bruce" replies to my follow up message if he's still in need of services - "No, I'm good, but thanks for checking in." SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM Let's do this.

I want my refund, plus damages for wasted capital invested in them to get bot leads.

Shut them down! "moversrusinc@gmail.com"

to Anonymous #1597331

Thumbtackhas been taking money out of my bank account for leaves they admit I have never seen . These been taking the money twice a month and the only reason I found out is because Discover card called me and made me aware that they are taking money from the card get this that is no longer in use but because it’s an automatic with draw they can still use that number and charged me .

At least Discover card made me aware of the scan .

If they take money twice a month for me And every other person that ever tried to work with them they have made billions and billions of dollars off the scam. Where are the lawyers that handle class-action lawsuit they wouldn’t make millions of dollars from this .dprosperi1219@gmail.com

to Anonymous #1607469

They did the same to me. Then I bid on a four bedroom the customer says he has one couch only.

They tell me nope customer contact. Unhappy mover

sign me up - moving company - Transport King - business@transportking.net ; was using Thumbtack for some time and noticed a pattern of bots requesting for jobs to be done, then systematically use their quick reply system for basic questions that are, per say, already provided and viola - $75 ... easily charged ...

no reply thereafter, no phone number, no email, nothing except a bill ... scam, scam, scam ; spent allot of money with them, requested refunds for these bot replies, no help

Has this gone any where? They deactivated my account after I filed a complaint in CA. I haven't been able to find an attorney to take my case, but was curious if this one is going anywhere??

SIGN ME UP ALSO fake leads, search persons who need work done in my city, they don't exist. Two weeks later they contact me with a line of what they wanted done.

I sent contact, never called. Because they keep the hope going.

Very deceiving. They need to by stopped asap

Has anyone heard anything back in regards to this suit being started? I realize it’s from last year and just wondering if there is anything more recent going on? Things are getting very bad over at TT Lots of new changes that are hurting the professionals

Thumbtack had introduced a new program to where pro's did not have to pay for quotes anymore. I was kind of confused in the beginning on how it all worked but managed to get through some of my services etc.

I was unaware that depending on the amount of guests listed would be the actual amount charged to me even whether or not I get hired for the job (this was sort of explained by Zach in customer service). I said to Zach "So, if I am not hired, OR if a customer is only asking a question, the amount of money [quote] to be charged will still be taken out of my bank account?" Zach responds with "Yes". I truly do not believe this is fair simply because I made a mistake when setting up the account. I asked Zach for a refund of my $51.10 because when Thumbtack took it out of my account, it overdraft me.

Zach put me on hold to speak to his "Manager" and came back saying he could not refund my money but was able to put it back in Thumbtack as a credit. I did not have money in the Thumbtack account anyway. I cannot believe that a good customer is not able to get a refund due to a simple mistake in setting up the account...where does the Customer Service come in? I told Zach, that I will need to report this because this is NOT good customer service.

I am unemployed and trying to make it, this is why I was a member of Thumbtack for several years. I am requesting a full refund of $51.10 immediately back to my bank account.

to Chef T #1544440

virtuouswomanpc@gmail.com please include me!

I'm wondering if Thumbtack is in financial truble? I have been unable to reach Corporate since they recently outsourced their customer help desk to the Philippines AND raised the cost of a quote / contact to over 500% of previous rates.

What on Earth is going on? ...So many negative blogs and disterbing comments from X-Pro's on the internet!

#1519182

Send me the information. My name is Tiffany my email is tlewis12248@gmail.com

I experienced the same issue and believe they are a scam. They recently began charging my card and the leads were not what transpired.

In addition, they do not tell you the cost of the lead you are purchasing. No transparency.

I believe it's a scam. You can add me to the list and feel free to reach me at dranegan@gmail.com.

to David #1519181

It is I'm getting repeat leads from my actual clients who haven't requested service. They are making up their own leads

I Put up a post yesterday on your site and it’s nowhere to be found which was July 7 I’m wondering what happened to it I was recently just aren’t taking off thumbtack abruptly for having an altercation with one of the wraps about a charge and he wouldn’t let me talk to a supervisor I would really like to make sure my comment is on there and wasn’t Put up a post yesterday on your site and it’s nowhere to be found which was July 7 I’m wondering what happened to it I was recently just aren’t taking off thumbtack abruptly for having an altercation with one of the customer service people about a charge and he wouldn’t let me talk to a supervisor I would really like to make sure my comment is on there and wasn’t deleted add me to your list yippie17@icloud.com

My email by the way is Yippie17@icloud.com they need to get better checks and balance with the customer service they are not gods they are not people that have the right to destroy somebody’s life of five years on thumbtack they need to have a protocol that says this will happen if you do this again I and I need to talk to people in person before they raise somebody’s entire account this is business this is someone’s life !Sorry but I’m speaking in the phone so it would be better if I typed it but I just want to make sure my email was on there

Hi I was a thumbtack a pro and I’m recently I got into an altercation with a customer service rep who refuse to let me talk to her supervisor and I ended up swearing at him of it escalated to me swearing at him it wasn’t what I wanted to do but he was playing a tug-of-war with me regarding just speaking to a supervisor about a credit that I felt was unfair that I was charge for our in as a result of that I ended up hanging up on him he accuse me of being unprofessional and I said you’re being unprofessional and I hung up and then I called back and spoke to another rep who was not able to really hear me very well on my cell phone for some reason so I was I couldn’t understand why someone who worked in customer service would be so belligerent to me over a $14 credit so then I proceeded to call another rap and that rep I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and what ended up happening is that supervisor I guess I had spoke to her about eight months prior and had some kind of altercation with someone or the customer service person‘s over another credit issue or just talking to them about a client that was a horrible horrible Client that was threatening me and everything else and it got into a heated discussion or something I I barely remember anything and I never received an email from them until now because they disengage my entire account that I worked five years to develop and now I have no access to my portfolio or to any of the clients that I developed over the last five years I am absolutely devastated I am their business has slowed down so I’m looking elsewhere for other alternatives but I never got a real notice about what they were capable of doing if I got into an altercation with a customer service rep these wraps act like they’re at kings of thumbtack and they are the rudest people when you’re speaking to them on the phone they don’t act like they want to help you they act like why are you bothering me the whole protocol and set up a for thumbtack is very dangerous for a business because within a matter of one day my entire life was wiped out for the last five years my career I feel that I had no one to go to to talk to about this they wouldn’t allow me to talk on the phone to anybody I went directly to the CEO on his Twitter account I asked him if he would please help me but they do not have anyone higher up than a supervisor to talk about these issues with of the people that are on the lower told him are bullies and they get off on having tug-of-war fights with you over the phone over dumb little credit situations instead of just appeasing people are diplomatically this guy was playing tug-of-war and I didn’t mention one single thing that this man did wrong, The checks and balances at thumbtack are not balanced they have an in balance staff with an in balance check and balance and if somebody’s going to threaten to remove your entire account I say that they should tell you that in person and not through an email I never got the first email about an altercation I had back in October when I had the most horrendous Client I’ve ever dealt with in my entire life and I tried to communicate to thumbtack about it because I’ve never been so upset and I ended up getting into a big altercation with one of the guys that works there I found that the men that work there were so interested in having arguments with people and being condescending and rude to people I where is the women were more Nicer but it’s when they got their Filipino staff is when I thought wow they really have a really nice staff here on the Filipino office they were so nice no matter what you said and honestly that’s the way it should be

More than happy to add my info the list - I’ve been screwed over multiple times by thumbtack and they need to be stopped - my email isacetransformation90@gmail.com

Please add me. 2 months as a PRO and have been ripped off without knowing the cost structure for different service bids. Jmdevera@me.com