4.0

I had a problem with a customer trying to leave a review and I sent an email to customer service. They said that the people reviewing you can't be using the same computer or have the same internet connection (dumb).

I had someone trying to review me and we were sharing the same internet connection, once they used a different internet connection they were able to review me.

So I got through all that BUT you have to PAY to send a quote/reply back to the customer. I don't mind paying a very small fee, but I don't like how I can't get more details. If I pay to send a quote or ask for more details and I get details that I don't like then I just wasted my money.

My co-worker uses this site and he pays the fee. He says he usually gets the job because no one replies back with quotes.

I'm still not sure what I want to do.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of having to pay for quotes. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of thumbtack leads. Thumbtack needs to "be able to give quotes or get more details from the customer before paying" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thumbtack leads in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thumbtack.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

TTsocial

Our site does work differently, and a lot of professionals have appreciated being in control of their marketing dollars, and better able to track their return on investment.Our overall pay-per-quote fees work out to be 5-10% of the money you’ll earn from jobs, and since pros only pay to quote, we don’t charge any commission on finished jobs.

When you quote on our site, it’s almost like you’re handing over a business card or flyer with all of your contact information on it.

When reaching out to the customer, be sure to ask clarifying questions on what exactly they need done. I’d even include a few tidbits on past work experiences to show them that you’re qualified and ready to take on the work. We also encourage pros to only quote on requests that have enough information and that they feel comfortable with.

If you’d like, you can always give us a call at 800-343-1710 and any of our agents can help you make sure your profile is ready to be shown to customers.

We’re here to support you.

-Alexis

Excellent site, Excellent service!I've gotten lots of great customers off Thumbtack.

They are very helpful.I haven't had any problems getting work.