Turnaround Time

I had a handy man i was sent from thumbtack install window treatments.I asked him if he could install tile.

He said yes hes done that before. I bought all the materials and he came to do the job he told me hes never worked with a sound damper. He didnt center the tile in the hallway all the cut tile are on one wall. He broke one tile in kitchen.

I showed him where the kitchen tile were. Not three feet from the broken one. He used a different tile that dosent match. He pored quick set down me new toilet after he asked if he could and i told him no.

He wanted to use caulk along the edges instead of grout. He broke my hall table and computer cable he didnt protect my new carpet there was quick set in three different rooms and on my walls he cut the tile with an angle grinder. Andduster the entire front of my condo. He cut the tresholds with the grinder inside my home so far ive spent120$to repair the cable the hall table will cost 200$used and god only knows how much in cleaning and painting coststhumb tack shuld be responsiable for sending qualified ppl my info.

I am refering this mess to the district attorney.All i wanted was a good job all i got was the shaft.

Review about: Building Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Workmanship of finished product.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Elk Grove, California, United States #1330800

This is the classic example of someone wanting to pay very little but wanting high quality work.How about this guy, next time you want work done on your house decide your budget..then maybe use a different site that is more transparent with who is communicating with you& who is a licensed contractor...like maybe type into google "tile installation contractors" not hey guy who is working on my windows can you some tile quickly and beautifully.

People like you make me sick and regret getting into the industry.

As a licensed contractor, I feel you deserve everything you got, and then some.

Lisa_NC
to Arthur Barron Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #1332256

Preach!

Absolutely 100 Percent true!

I see it everyday in my field...

Hire the cheapest company and write a negative review about the fact you got what you paid for...

When they Days earlier emailed me my price is higher than everyone else

And I explained why... The Cheap Come Out Expensive!