3.0

Hired their professional photographer.Paid, tipped, no pictures or refund.

They didn't check him out. His wife looked familiar when they came, she was the "model" in his review! Not professional. Swallowed river water was 1st excuse &

it got worse.

Web site wasn't done yet. 2 weeks 4 weeks. Thumbtack wouldn't refund without receipt. The cost was published on their web site.

They finally disabled his account. I am out once in a lifetime photos and $. Don't waste your time or money. Thumbtack did not check this guy out before they allowed him to solicit customers with a bid.

Hire from a photography studio.You get what you pay for (in this case you don't get anything!).

Review about: Thumbtack Account.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

original post was from Florida and then the update was from Illinois? Skeptic this is even a real review. Prolly another fake review on here from Thumbtack staff to stop the money train from crashing.

Update-Thumbtack gave me a full refund. The photographer S Kapper, emailed me a year and 2 months later with a link to the proofs; I didn't order any (nor did any of my family members) because we were pretty sure he would have the money once again and we would not get the pictures. Learned this lesson once already!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #899991

Thumbtack had a change of heart....full refund.Photographer (CS Kapper) won't return calls or emails or texts.

Of course our huge family shoot would have been profitable.... If we had pictures to buy! Thumbtack removed him from their site.

They are trying to make it right.I appreciate their diligence!

How much did you put for your budget? What type of photos did you need done? I'm a photographer and trying to use Thumbtack, but the only requests I see are way out of line for what is wanted vs budget.

to Eric Denton, Texas, United States #1047782

I 100% agree.I have a customer that wanted something very simple no editing.

To start they sent me to an incorrect location to shoot. Then they wanted me to go to a different location. I implicitly asked if the photos need to be edited and they said no raw video is fine. Then when they say the noise due to night ambient lighting they suddenly needed the photos edited but they wanted them pulled from video feed during an ambient light night shoot and complained about the noise.

I supplied ground photos free of charge to see if they were interested in those and then tried to say I was being deceptive with the photo's even though they originally loved them......

Makes no sense!!!Who can a professional complain to about horrible customers and they then threatened to leave bad reviews because they didn't give full disclosure of anything even though I implicitly asked?

Trevor, Wisconsin, United States #869504

how do you know these jobs are real! in meantime they pocket your'e credits