1.8
Turnaround Time

I spent over $100 in a short period. I believe they are mostly fake leads.

I would get interested people that would claim to like my work, the price was good but all of a sudden they are broke. Others I would simply get a message saying they viewed your quote and no other communication. Its worst than gambling. It took me longer to write out the quote than them taking my money.

If the quotes were real and I received a real opportunity to communicate with real customers and even if they're feedback was I just don't like your work I would really be ok with it. They are too expensive for what you get. The relationship with Thumbtack is a win/loose type. You will loose.

I have suggested a system where they charge a flat but small fee for the lead.

Then another small charge if communication is started. Finally a % of the final sale price for the service.

I personally don't mind sharing the money if I'm making money in the first place.

What they have is a strategy that I belive won't survive the long run. Eventually folks catch on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Leads.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Having to pay for quotes, Accountability, High cost of quoting, No transparency.

Comments

"When are you available?" is the phrase that let's you know you're dealing with a bot.

Most of response just like "When are you available" and then nothing more.Each response charges me $8.35. This business model is only good for Thumbtack and customer but professional.

Yes, I would agree that while some of the leads provided by Thumbtack are valid, it seems that most are not. So if you have to bid on 8 "leads" knowing that probably only one is valid, with the rest being fabricated by Thumbtack, your cost per valid lead is greatly increased. I applaud their ingenuity, but not their integrity.