1.8
Turnaround Time

I contracted with a company called America's Choice Construction through Thumbtack's website.The CEO of the company had previously spent 10 years in jail for fraud.

When I contracted with him, through Thumbtack on July 5th, he took $3340.00 and never preformed the work. I believe Thumbtack is negligent for allowing this company on their site. They never preformed a background check on him. They also had advertised a protection policy that would reimburse up to 1 million dollars in damages.

However, when I called them they said that it was only property damage that was covered, not if someone took my money. I do believe that this is a form of property damage, because had this work been completed my property would be worth more. But above all, they were negligent for not vetting this contractor who they advertised on their website.

Once I notified Thumbtack of this contractor and their involvement, they took down his profile, which erased my proof that I contracted with him through their website.Luckily I had already taken a screen shot of my message to their contractor.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Queen22 stated that there is a room for improvement of contractor was a convicted felon and thumbtack does not vet their contractors. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of thumbtack deck and fence leads and associated monetary loss in the amount of $3340. Thumbtack needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thumbtack deck and fence leads in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thumbtack.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Wickliffe, Ohio, United States #1275559

Customers are not the only ones who get ripped off. You never get responses from customers basically throwing money in the air