I signed up for an account and posted my profile.After I spent the 7.00 for the background check, which I knew wouldn't be perfect, but had something from over 14 years ago, I logged back in and my account was gone.

This is Nazism all over again. They made me feel like a piece of ***, and manipulated me into spending 7.00 for nothing. I emailed them, said they would respond within 24 hrs, and haven't heard anything since. A dirty way to find out about people, so they could put you out of business.

Things happen, people change, and lives improve, but not according to them.

Feels like supremacy is in full operation here.Watch OUT.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of account and associated monetary loss in the amount of $7. Thumbtack needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thumbtack.

Comments

Well I wouldn't let them do a background check, and my account was deactivated.So I shall continue my own self-promotion the old fashioned way, by providing a superior product at a reasonable price.

Thumbtack does not need to be a part in my business.

I feel badly for those who are excluded because of something in their past. There needs to be incentive for these people to excel and they need to be encouraged to make an honest living and be a useful part of society.

It would be my hope that services such as thumbtack would be clever and innovative enough to make such a thing happen.But I suppose not.

TTsocial

We take the safety of our customers and professionals very seriously at Thumbtack.I apologize if you felt that we were treating you poorly.

I can assure you this is never our intent.If you would like to discuss this further, please send us an email at support@thumbtack.com Attn: Jenn I will make sure that we contact you immediately.

-Jenn

to TTsocial #1007045

IF THIS IS THE WAY YOU FEEL, THEN WHY ARE YOU NOW DOING IT TO ME. I AM AN ACTIVE TEACHER WIT NO ISSUES AND HAVE PAST AN FBI BACKGROUND CHECK BUT YOU STILL ARE HASSLING ME. THIS PRACTICE IS ILLEGAL.

I AM GOING TO COURT AND THE BBB

YOU CANNOT AT RANDOM LOCK PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS

THIS IS INSANE

to Anonymous #1403932

Same thing happened here, thumbtack is far from honest or transparent