814 views

I had considered using Thumbtack to generate business for my law practice. But having been scammed by another company that promised leads, I decided to test them first.

I simply made an inquiry for the type of attorney I am and received back dozens of attorney blurbs all saying the exact same thing. If I really was shopping for a specific attorney, of all the attorney blurbs I was sent nothing made one stand out from another. I would have had to open every email, go to each of the dozens of attorney websites and still then have to determine sift through all the information to decide on an attorney. Furthermore, since all the attorney blurbs I received operate in the same major city I do, I knew who most of them are.

Four of the attorneys (who Thumbtack claims they checked their background for qualification on their lead site) I know have had problems with the bar association disciplinary counsel and in two cases had previously had their licenses suspended for misconduct. One of the attorneys even had been arrested for soliciting an undercover cop for prostitution purposes. It would appear that using Thumbtack gives you absolutely no advantage over an of the other service providers who appear along with your company. I have had success with only two other companies of this type and for the most part think most of the others are worthless and a waste of money.

My greatest success on the internet is having my own website and working social media. My recommendation is to stay away from Thumbtack.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Leads.

Comments

What area do you live and practice in??

Could you also have tell me what kind of law that you practice as well? ?

Thank you C.Smith