Verified Reviewer

I called last week and my case should be on file. I was told my case would be referred to your quality team and I would be contacted.

No one has contacted me. '

I hired a landscaper from Thumbtack named E and S LLC; he said he had a business license (which he does not) and that he worked with a crew. A crew has never shown up and he has been doing sporadic work alone. One day he showed up with two workers who I expect he got from Home Depot.

He has accepted $3900 from me and told me it was to pay his workers and order materials. I paid him with VENMO $2800 to start job and the $1100 by check for "materials". He showed up with small gravel which he left in the street for over two weeks. It was supposed to be pea gravel, but it wasnt.

I had to use it because I didnt think I would see anything else from him. He also left mulch in the street but that has been moved. Now there is old rock in the parking which he removed from my yard but has not proceeded with the work.

The total job was $7800 and I asked him to sign an agreement. However, he said he has the funds set aside for the stone, gravel and trees but none has been delivered.

He took down my fence and it still not reinstalled. I have the signed contract and photos of the job site. I told him that I was contacting Thumbtack but he said he didnt care and stated that someone else had already had him removed.

He continues to tell me he will be here with this crew but it doesnt happen. I have saved texts and enough excuses to sell .

Thumbtack did not do their due diligence in this case.

This worker does not have a business license and he does not have a company and crew. I expect a call asap from your investigative team or whomever handles these matters.

User's recommendation: Do not hire make Thumbtack require a business license.

Thumbtack Pros: Are accessible.

Thumbtack Cons: Do not follow up and do not verify contractors credentials.

Comments