Verified Reviewer

I called last week and my case should be on file. I was told my case would be referred to your quality team and I would be contacted.

No one has contacted me. '

I hired a landscaper from Thumbtack named E and S LLC; he said he had a business license (which he does not) and that he worked with a crew. A crew has never shown up and he has been doing sporadic work alone. One day he showed up with two workers who I expect he got from Home Depot.

He has accepted $3900 from me and told me it was to pay his workers and order materials. He showed up with small gravel which he left in the street for over two weeks. He also left mulch in the street but that has been moved. Now there is rock in the parking which he removed from my yard but has not proceeded with the work.

The total job was $7800 and I asked him to sign an agreement.

However, he said he has the funds set aside for the stone, gravel and trees but none has been delivered. He took down my fence and it still not reinstalled. I have the signed contract and photos of the job site. I told him that I was contacting Thumbtack but he said he didnt care and stated that someone else had already had him removed.

He continues to tell me he will be here with this crew but it doesnt happen.

I have saved texts and enough excuses to sell .

Thumbtack did not do their due diligence in this case.

This worker does not have a business license and he does not have a company and crew. I expect a call asap from your investigative team or whomever handles these matters.

User's recommendation: Dont hire - Thumbtack showed his license was current and it was not.

Location: Denver, Colorado

Comments

#2066654

Hi Diane, thanks for sharing these details with us. We have high standards for pros on the platform and it's concerning to learn about what's been going on during your project.

Our Trust and Safety Team does review case details to determine how we can help, they typically follow up within 2-3 business days. We weren't able to locate your account or case details with this information alone, but we'd really like to check on this for you.

Please contact us through any of our social media channels with the email address associated with your account and we'll provide further support. We're really sorry to hear about these concerns, but hope to hear from you soon so that we can help with a resolution.

Thumbtack Reviews