i am a full-time professional clown and have been for the past 21 years.i have been a thumbtack pro for only a few months and will now end my association with this company.
I've been hired several times through this site; and always gotten 5-star reviews.....at least until today. today a client left me a 2-star rating with no comment. when I asked why, she said that it was because I didn't have my 2 live bunny rabbits at her party. she was wrong; they were part of my show and enjoyed by all her guests.
but she was not in the room for my show; so she made an incorrect assumption and, rather than checking with her guests or contacting me, she just posted a 2-star rating. I called thumbtack, explained that the rating was based on misinformation, and asked them to contact the client for a clarification. thumbtack refused, told me it was unfortunate but they would do nothing about it. I do not want to be associated with a company that has no respect for its professionals.
if there is a questionable review, thumbtack should care enough to contact the client and ask what went wrong. if they had done this in my case, the client would have told them she made a mistake. as it stands, I am punished because thumbtack doesn't care enough about pros to get a fair assessment. basically, I was told that clients can write anything they want and not be challenged.
who needs it?bye, thumbtack.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will not remove inaccurate reviews
You May Also Like
- "I contacted thumbtack to inform them I left a fake review. Their response was they wanted to maintain integrity so they wont remove it. Its unfathomable, the stupidty of that..."
- "I have never used Thumbtack, so when I stumbled upon it while looking for a caterer recently, I was intrigued. The caterer I chose from the site had won..."
- "As mentioned I have reduced the amount of time, effort and money spent on Thumbtack. There seems to be no urgency to assure that clients are aware of the..."
- "All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher,..."
- "The company Hole in One Clearing House Dennis Chase owner continues to slander and slag others in their industry in order to deflect from their own inefficiencies which include ripping..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "So i bought 2 Gronk Editions today before work. Halfway through the first one, there was some brown slimy tapeworm looking things on the rim. So i thought i had..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."