Turnaround Time

Leads are submitted to you without nearly as much information as you would need to make a detailed pricing quote but if you want a shot at the business you have to respond. You basically quote blind and hope that your pricing will make sense, very much so not an ideal way to work with clients.

Customer service is the absolute worst on the pro end, they just do not care about the people paying their bills. After using the service for over four years, we were asked to fill out a background check. It says that it will take 10-14 business days to process so we could not respond to anymore leads in mid-December which is peak business time for us. It is now 1/11 and has been well over 10-14 business days.

I called to see what the status was, they told me I needed to speak to the third party background check company. I called the third party company and they said Thumbtack has had our background check results since 12/22. No one at Thumbtack knew they had them despite the third party saying they share a system and they have the information. I called back to Thumbtack and instead of an apology for letting this slip through the cracks, they tell me it will take them another five business days to process our background check on their end.

I'm so confused and quite honestly want to quit this service due to the absolutely horrible customer service I've encountered.

Realize that your pros are who pay you money and you should treat them with respect and provide them with actual customer service. This is a very poorly run company both product-wise and organizationally.

Review about: Thumbtack Leads.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

This is 100% true. Total scam.

I totally agree.