Yet I have never had a reply from any customers.I even went as far as to basically give my product away for free just to see if I'd receive a response.

NOTHING!! I'm not too sure as to how thumb tack operates but I think that someone should investigate this company. Not to mention when you become a member you have to be very specific as to what your business is and offers. Yet they send nothing that has to do with your business specifics.

They should change their policies and only charge you if you receive the job that the consumer is requesting a bid for.

I can say that I won't be dealing with this company.Thumbtack is a complete SCAM!!

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Awful.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Love to see this site remove replies. Just as crooked ans thumbtack it seems.

The way thumbtack works is interesting.ANYONE and I mean ANYONE, can request a "bid".

On their site it states clearly in step 3:

- You pay only when you send a quote with Thumbtack Credits

Here's an interesting scenario we experience:

John Doe requests a logo design

2. We respond with a quote (we have to pay for this) 3. No response from John Doe Now, we are a professional logo design company having done thousands of logos with 100% satisfaction and 100% money back guarantee, so not getting a single response is pretty weird. Here's the kicker, ANYONE, even our competition can request a QUOTE!

:) Imagine some unethical "provider" out there asking for a logo design just so you waste money! That's what we did then left thumbtack.com There are too many fraudulent ways to conduct business on Thumbtack.com so until we see some MAJOR changes on how they do business, we'll keep away from them.

John P.Ramos Our portfolio below to show our work: http://www.intelliplans.com/design-print/logo-designs-portfolio.html