This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
1.5

Update by user Mar 20, 2022

Swept under the rug

Update by user Mar 20, 2022

Thumbtack dropped the ball

Original review posted by user Mar 20, 2022

I needed an electrician and thought it would be a good idea to go through thumbtack. What could possible go wrong, right?

Well, both electricians that I hired (because I trusted Thumbtack) took off before finishing the job and I was left to complete it myself (thank God for YouTube)!!

Not only did they not fulfill the contract but they also were paid as if they had! Thumbtack let a third party decide who was at fault and they were dead wrong when they decided in favor of the pro. I was out $2000, three weeks, and a ton of undue stress with no further path to justice other than paying more money for a private attorney.

That was over a year ago and nothing has been done. Im sure they hoped I would go away but it keeps haunting me and this injustice shouldnt be tolerated by anyone.

User's recommendation: Research, read reviews, do background checks, frisk, metal detector scan, and then pray and/or cross your fingers when hiring through Thumbtack.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

Hi Greg, it sounds like you previously worked with our Trust and Safety Team. We're not able to locate your case based on the minimal contact information provided to us from this review/review site.

We'd encourage you to continue working with the specialist assigned to your case as you have outstanding concerns and a resolution hasn't been provided. Please send us a DM on social media with more details, so that we can look further into this for you and help however we can.

Thumbtack Reviews