Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.2

Update by user Jan 01, 2022

There has been no updates to add

Original review posted by user Jan 01, 2022

Via Thumbtack, I hired a "pro" who claimed to be an "artist", Emma Gilbert Art (I use the word pro and artist lightly). The project I hired Emma Gilbert for was basic, use a stencil and paint to stencil a design on three small arches in my home.

Before hiring Emma Gilbert she came by my home, we discussed what I wanted, she looked at the arches I wanted her to work on, and we agreed on the start date and price.

However, it took Emma Gilbert four different tries before she was able to get organized and start the project which wasted my time, but I tried to overlook it. I was very pleased with the work and wrote and immediately wrote an excellent review. My mistake. I should have waited until the paint dried.

This so-called "pro" and "artist" used the wrong type of spray paint, leaving a noticeable filmy and hazy look. She also has messed up several areas and tried to use white paint to cover her mistakes up (on an ecru color background). I reached out to EG, explained the problems, and asked her to come by and see what she can do to fix the mistakes, she was defensive but finally agreed to come by which was another waste of my time. EG agreed she made multiple mistakes and that her artistic attempts had failed.

She apologized profusely but said she was having, "so many personal problems" and was "too busy" moving out of the state to fix anything. I wanted to remove or edit the five-star review I gave Emma Harris, which should be an easy task, but it isn't. I tried calling Thumbtack at the different numbers provided by the business and Pissed Consumer only to get recordings stating the business was closed for the holidays. There was no date saying when they would reopen.

I went through Thumbtack chat and waited 55 minutes, but no customer service rep was available.

I believe if I had written a negative review or given a one-star, it wouldn't have been posted, since the pro has to agree to post the consumer's review. Furthermore, I will never use this service again and will try to warn others of Thumbtacks policy.

User's recommendation: Warning do not use Thumbtack or Emma Harris Artist.

Preferred solution: That Emma Harris Art and Thumbtack be honest about reviews. Emma Harris Art stop whining .

Thumbtack Cons: No help from customer service, No transparency with thumbtack or emma harris art, No customer service, No transparency between thumbtack or emma harris art.

Location: 2425 Mountain Drive, Hoover, AL 35226