Thumbtack - Great Concept, but too many Fraudulent Requests for Services are Robot Generated!
I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance.
I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be charged. It seems they are defrauding professionals and free-lancers....
The "INTERNET ROBOT" service they have is only causing them to further lose credibility.
"Requests for services" come in at all hours of the day and night...including 9:00 pm to midnight, not to mention: 1:00 am, 3:00 am, 5:00 am! Seriously! Can't they scam better than that??? Or at least hire a robot company that is mindful of the time zones?
Do they honestly believe I am gullible enough to think that at 1:36 a.m. some woman named "Lisa M." wants home staging in Oceanside? at 1:36 AM???? Or that at 6:45 a.m. "Judith" needs a home remodeler in Pomona? Or one of my favorites: "Anaiz L." needs an interior designer in Lakeside at 1:53 a.m.? Yes, 1:53 AM!
This is increasing in frequency...sometimes these requests come in every 15-30 minutes! It's gotten worse and worse. I have kept every email and text notification to prove this craziness. (see attached for 2 examples)
It's blatantly obvious that these are fake requests. They are defrauding people by suggesting they submit quotes to these fake requests.
And yes, it would be great to get a refund, simply because I feel very defrauded. They need to clean up their act, be transparent, stop charging the professionals, and be accountable.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fraudulent customers and leads
- Charging professionals
- Ripping off professionals
- No corporate transparency
- Reason of review:
- 80-95% of Requests for Services are fraudulent and generated by company.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "I used Thumbtack to find a process server and was elated when the process server assured me she could do the job. I was so happy that I prematurely rated..."
- "As mentioned I have reduced the amount of time, effort and money spent on Thumbtack. There seems to be no urgency to assure that clients are aware of the..."
- "I had a bad experience with a roofer that they have listed on their site. This is ARH Roof Repair out of Thornton, Colorado. The owner, Rick, smeared..."
- "I too was scammed on this. Their phone number is 800-948-8488 if you want to complain but it doesn't do much good. I was told they would submit..."
- "this product is not worth the money twice in one week two of the same hoses just break as you turn on the water the instruction are just in english..."
- "I bought the maroon Jada dress. FIRST TIME I WORE IT IT RIPPED!! Huge rip in the bottom seem!! This happened to the last one I bought in black. My..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."