5.2K views

I was with Thumbtack when they first started. Made numerous bids never any word back. When they went to the $14 unlimited bid per month I tried that. Bid on everything and anything, high and low. Not one response.

Now there is a new scammer called Outsource.com. 15 to 20 jobs a day emailed to me. Submitted a few bids nothing. One thing I've notice budgets are ridiculously low. A website for a Home Health Agency and the budget is less than $500.

Here's another "job description" with a budget less than $500 - "I need a graphic designer freelancer that can draw/sketch mens apparel ( men's shirts, men denim jeans, polo shirts, t-shirts,and men's sports jogging suit and sportswear. Must have experience with men's fashions, sizing and various color combinations."

Just Google "online freelance companies" and nothing came up about them. They are advertising on Facebook, which is how I found out about them.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of thumbtack website. Thumbtack needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thumbtack website in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thumbtack.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Brunswick, Ohio, United States #1189027

they are a scam and I hope more people complain about their product..

100% True. I left the platform. Support is really medoicre as well.

I blew over $100 on Outsource.The design requests tend to range from unrealistic (for the fee offered) to absolutely absurd.

I've bid on over a dozen projects... progressively lowering my fee standards and still got out- (read "under-") bid.

I have over 25 years of experience in graphic design along with an impressive portfolio.These people are looking for low bid, in my opinion.

Was about to sign up and came across this post!! Thanks for saving me some $$. Better look at upwork or freelancer

Agree totally. outsource.com makes candidates pay to apply for jobs, then forces them to under-bid each other. When you see a business model like this, run away and don't look back, because it's a scam.

wendygomes1981

Outsource.com, May i know where are your clients and freelancers feedback/reviews so that i can see their working experience with you guys?

I came from Elance.com with 7 years great working experience with them...they are shutting down their operations so i thought outsource.com can be good platform and I was about to pay for 6 month membership but luckily i found this forum with tons of bad reviews about your company and Now I decided to go for other options who are having good reputation and trusted user base.

I am also surprised to see your concept because you are bombarding 40-50 new job request emails Daily!!!

and when some one wants to subscribed for membership he can bid only on 6-7 projects in a Month. Is this some kind of joke???

grow up guys and think about to provide services first instead of taking money of your genuine users.

Please tell me in one sentence "why should i do business with you while i really don't know who are my clients and competitors?

Outsource.com you lost your one user (me) just because of these bad reviews and if you will not take these complains seriously then you will throw away from the outsourcing world.

Englewood, Colorado, United States #1049426

Wow!The comment about identity theft triggered me.

Immediately after signing up, I started getting tons of email in my spam asking me for banking informatioin etc and sending money to "princesses" in Africa. LOL. I am deleting my profile.

I was online looking for a coupon and could not find one.I could not confirm a phone number as well.

I signed up...had clients send in the needed 3 reviews to get started....tons of emails of companies needing artist, etc. but my profile keeps saying i need another review, therefore i cannot bid on anything. CROOKS

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow...so glad I looked up reviews for this site.

Over the past 2 days I've received a ton of emails "requesting a quote", and I was thinking either I've hit a gold mine or this is a ton of bs... I was literally just about to put in my credit card number too. Whew...

saved a $100!Thank God!