176 views
1.8

I JOINED THUMBTACK AND ALL THE LEADS THEY HAVE CHARGED ME FOR ARE FAKE . EVEN IF A PERSON ASKS A ROUTINE QUESTION ABOUT HOW MANY HOURS I CHARGE MINIMUM, EVEN WITH NO INTENT TO BOOK WITH ME, BINGO!!!!, THEY CHARGE.

EVERY INQUIRY IS A CHARGE ON THE OLD CREDIT CARD. I'VE SENT EMAILS AND TALKED TO STAFFERS WHO PLAY GAMES, HANG UP OR JUST DON'T RESPOND. WHEN THEY CHARGED FOR CREDITS IT WAS THE BEST NOW ITS LIKE A CON GAME TO MAKE FAST CASH AT $21.31 PER INQUIRY EVEN IF IT RESULTS IN NOTHING. WHO PAYS FOR *** LEADS THAT DON'T BOOK OR RESPOND TO YOUR QUOTES.

10 LEADS/ QUESTIONS...$213.10 = 0 SALES...JUST INQUIRIES AND QUESTIONS. WE ARE BEING TAKEN FOR A *** OF A RIDE. THIS IS A SURE FIRE SCAM...MONEY GOES IN AND *** *** COMES OUT. ACCOUNTS AND CREDIT CARDS ARE BEING DRAINED AND WE GET NOTHING SALES WORTHY IN RETURN.

I PERSONALLY TALKED TO 15 OTHER SUBSCRIBERS AND THIS IS HURTING OUR BUSINESS. NOT REALLY HELPING. I PUT IN $250 FOR MY WEEKLY SALES LIMIT AND THEN I SAW $426.20 HAD BEEN CHARGED TO MY CARD. WE CAN'T CONTROL HOW MUCH THEY SNATCH WITH THEIR IDEA OF WHAT BOOKED JOBS ARE OR WHAT IS AN OBVIOUS SIGN THAT THE CUSTOMER MIGHT BOOK THE JOB.

I WILL ALSO FORWARD A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO THE TROUBLESHOOTER ON THE NEWS AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS SO SOMEONE CAN INVESTIGATE THIS COMPANY AND FORCE THEM TO DO THE RIGHT THING....I REQUESTED REFUNDS TO NO AVAIL, NO RESPONSES AT ALL. EVEN WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT ITS A LIE...IT NEVER HAPPENS..THEY JUST SEND ANOTHER CHARGE. DON'T PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD IN THE SYSTEM. I ONLY USE GIFT CARDS OR PREPAID CARDS WITH THE EXACT AMOUNT I WANT TOSPEND.

MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY IS ATTEMPTING TO DO A CHARGEBACK ON THE SUMS THEY JUST FREELY DECIDED TO TAKE FROM MY CREDIT CARD.

BEWARE, ITS A RIP OFF. THEY WILL MAKE MONEY AND YOU WILL GET NOTHING BUT CARDBOARD WOODY LEADS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Leads.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Thumbtack Pros: Promise of success.

Thumbtack Cons: Getting billed for trash, Total scam, Misuse of my credit card information, Money-wasting dishonest co, Greed in hiking prices.

Comments

I was with Thumbtack for 7 years, in the begining everything was fine, but lately the charged for "leads" has gotten outlandish. I lost $1200.00 in leads that never contacted me back.

I tried to talk to their customer service but they just kept saying no that they were working no on it.

I was a 5 star top pro for years. Absolutely no understanding that the Pros are customers too.

Please dispute these charges with your credit card company. In my experience, your credit card company will be sympathetic to your situation and refund the money. I've had over $2,000 in attorney's fees refunded, so I'm sure you can get at least some of these charges refunded.

Yes go anywhere but Kasamba, still waiting on their team to respond

Thumbtack Reviews