Turnaround Time

After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name.

Curious, I have been attempting to find a record of this person living here. So far I’ve not found a shred of evidence of her existence. I’ve checked facebook, linkedin and general web searches. I live in a small town and am not finding any reference that this person exists.

I’m curious how many of you have attempted to verify the existence of supposed clients using these methods? Should there be compiled evidence of “clients” who do not exist I would think there could be cohesive ammunition to force an action against Thumbtack. This is a followup to my above posting. I am currently on the phone with Thumbtack and will be interested to see where this goes.

Last week on Thursday (Dec. 1) I contacted Thumbtack regarding a bid request which immediately began to appear as a phishing scam. To its credit, Thumbtack did verify that was a scammer and removed the account. During that conversation I also mentioned a suspect request (as detailed above).

Of course I received the assurance that Thumbtack would never push out false leads. Strangely, on Friday I checked in to my account and any mention of Cheryl Bifulco, “her” request for a bid, my response to the request, etc. was missing from my dashboard. I was advised that Thumbtack indeed deleted the request from my account.

This seems suspect to me since they still have a record of it on their end. It means that Thumbtack is able to access and manipulate my account. Regardless of the outcome of this call I will be filing a complaint with the California Attorney General’s office. Thumbtack is based out of San Francisco, California.

The CEO is Jonathan Swanson, Co-founder & President at Thumbtack. The co-founder is Sander Daniels.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Photography Leads.

Reason of review: likelihood of false leads.

I didn't like: Fake resolution via support staff.

Comments

dpsinalph69

PLEASE CONTACT THE CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE-THUMBTACK IS DOING THIS TO MILLIONS OF BUSINESS OWNERS-WHERE HAS YOUR MONEY$$$$$ GONE-

INTO THUMBTACKS POCKETS!!!!!!

Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States #1255939

I got a Cheryl B. as well and I'm in North Carolina as a Life Coach.

I also got Matthew A. a bunch of times, but with different requests.

to Anonymous Silverthorne, Colorado, United States #1255940