Kent, Washington

Thumbtack has been sending some very odd requests to me lately, and after I ingnore these requests, thumtack begs me to sumbit a quote for them with a follow up message "blah blah still needs a quote".

The latest inquiring is surely a fake. Someone requested piano tuning for an "electric keyboard". I have saved a copy of this bogus request.

Yeah.... let me tune the strings on your Yamaha digital keyboard that hasn't been tuned in "more than 2 years" and give you your "routine tuning" as you requested. (sarcastically)

This is bogus and a fraud. See the picture i have included. Personal name and info removed.

Review about: Piano Tuning.

I liked: Getting two jobs.

I didn't like: 100dollars for fake inquires.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Thumbtack is a SCAM Thumbtack "I wanted to believe Thumbtack wasn't a scam. Last night, I was all set to close a website design deal. All of a sudden my client is asking to send..." Read more Thumbtack "Marketplace Integrity Team" (part of customer service) is useless Thumbtack "We hired a cleaning professional from the Thumbtack web site to clean our apartment on a regular basis as we have a new baby. The cleaning professional was initially..." Read more Thumbtack Customer Care Review from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania Thumbtack "I found a PHOTOBOOTH guy who was to do my guest book through thumbtack. I signed the contract and paid him in full but he never showed and never returned..." Read more Thumbtack - Was GREAT in 2015 and is now a complete waste of my money Thumbtack "I joined Thumbtack as a professional disc jockey in 2015. At that time, Thumbtack was a smaller company and it seemed like they worked much harder to retain their pros...." Read more Rudelyns Sari Sari Store - Poor Packaging and Poor Service Rudelyns Sari Sari Store "I'm surprised that some people even got responses! I emailed on multiple occasions, and never even recieved 1 back. Due to this and the amount of time it was taking..." Read more Dhgate - HOT *** MESS Dhgate "I purchased a prom dress for my daughter and when I received it, it was nothing like what they posted on their website. The make and material was totally different...." Read more Sam Edelman - Who would think these were so cheaply made? Sam Edelman "I have worn these a few times and they were comfortable. I took them on vacation and wore them with Neutrogena sunscreen on my legs and feet. Yikes was I..." Read more Island Cove Marina-cass Lake - Damage done to my boat Island Cove Marina-cass Lake "I hired the mechanic staff at Island Cover Marina to install a new transmission in my 1992 Supra inboard boat. The staff installed the transmission incorrectly. The transmission failed half..." Read more