Boynton Beach, Florida

Update by user Oct 02, 2016

I am a sight impaired disabled man who relied on the credibility of THUMBTACK as recommended by HOME DEPOT.EVAN KATZ of Coral Springs, the installer did the left and center part very well.

I wrote a review as suggested based on that - the next day to finish he did the rest of the center, plus the right corner WHICH DOES NOT MATCH - he blamed his lack of professional work on me, when I clearly told him I was sight impaired, he knew that and I could not see detail. When neighbors pointed it out to me, I contacted him. He was hostile, nasty and arrogant about how great he was. The day before when he had to stay later, due to a delay by a plumber, I paid the $40 for child care for his children so he would not be imposed upon.

When he submitted a bill for his supplies, he forgot the tax, which I added. He wanted payment that day which was coming UPS overnight (the first day, he stayed til 3:30, the second day he was out by noon) I said I could send it to him overnight, or he could pick it up, or I could have someone drive me to his home 26 miles away that day. That is what he selected, so I was driven to his home 26 miles away the same day to deliver his check. It is obvious that thumbtack has no credibility and the time I spent with Conner on the phone was a waste to make THUMBTACK look like they cared.

When Conner had a response from EVAN KATZ of CORAL SPRINGS, FL - he waited for me to call him, (NOT LIKE CONNER PROMISED TO DO) I have a meeting Monday with the Corporate Executive from HOME DEPOT where this referral came from as "verified, checked etc." It was obvious Evan didn't care and thought his job was great, but as the neighbors pointed out, if he knew to do the left side correctly, he certainly knew to do the same on the right. He claimed I said it was good, when I NEVER Said that and didn't see it up close anyway. SHAME ON EVAN AND SHAME ON THUMBTACK TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A SIGHT IMPAIRED DISABLED MAN. IT'S OBVIOUS TO ME THAT THUMBTACK IS A SCAM, AND I WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO FOLLOW UP.

THEY WOULD NOT EVEN TAKE DOWN MY INTIAL REVIEW WHICH WAS AFTER THE FIRST DAY, EVEN THOUGH IT DOES NOT REPRESENT MY RESULT, FEELINGS OR AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION ON THIS INCIDENT.THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

Original review posted by user Oct 01, 2016

I was referred to THUMBTACK by HOME DEPOT, which I will take up with the Regional and District Managers on Monday.

I am a sight impaired, disabled, handicapped man who requested information and a referral for someone to do the backsplash in my new kitchen. I got a referral from EVAN KATZ of CORAL SPRINGS, FLORIDA.

The left side and long center connections match, but the long center and right side do not. When I called to discuss it with EVAN & the THUMBTACK people, they he blamed his work on me, and I once again mentioned he know I was sight impaired and THUMBTACK itself was absolutely in my opinion a scam, unhelpful, unwilling to do anything, wanted to keep a review I did on their sight even though I wanted it off. These are dishonest people in my opinion who hide behind themselves and take advantage of disabled sight impaired people. THIS KIND OF COMPANY IS THE WORST TYPE - SOMEONE WHO WOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE AND OFFER NO HELP TO A DISABLED MAN.

AS FOR EVAN KATZ, HE SHOULD HAVE STOOD BEHIND THE PROFESSIONALISM AND INTEGRITY OF HIS WORK. When the first day there was a plumber their to fix the drain that delayed him, I gave him 40 dollars extra to pay for the child care for his children; when he gave me a receipt for the supplies he bought, i added the tax he forgot.

NO ACT OF KINDNESS SEEMS TO GO UNPUNISHED FOR EVER. AND CONNOR AT THUMBTACK HID BEHIND THEIR "TEAM" WHO DECIDED THAT EVERYTHING WAS ROSEY, SO THEY COULDN'T HELP.

THESE ARE THE MORE SHAMEFUL PEOPLE IN MY OPINION, LET'S HOPE HOME DEPOT WHICH IS A REPUTABLE COMPANY STEPS UP.

Review about: Thumbtack Remodeling Leads.

I didn't like: Unprofessional, Stand behind your work-have some integrity.

1.1
Turnaround Time
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Taking advantage of a sight impaired disabled man and then hiding behind a "policy" of we don't remove reviews, even after it is determined that the information was proven to be fraudulent and taking advantage of the elderly and disabled. SHAME ON THEM! / Not specified
Preferred solution REMOVE THE REVIEW PUSHED IMMEDIATELY BY THE CONTRACTOR, STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A SIGHT IMPAIRED DISABLED MAN, AND FIX THE BACKSPLASH

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.