1.3
Turnaround Time

Though the people at Thumbtack deserve a 5 star rating for maintaining cheery voices during a service call they receive 1 star for the absolute lack of information and resolution.Their new "ProAssist" has created nothing but problems for many professionals.

I was told that if they send the quote to the wrong people to "just call for a refund". I don't have time to call them every day for quotes sent out incorrectly. They cannot get the service areas correctly selected. The "ProAssist" team is not talking to the old team.

No one knows who is doing what. You will get different advice or no advice whatsoever based on who answers the phone... and they all sound the same anyway... maybe the same gal?

Who knows.I will be going back to Yelp, Noomii and elsewhere to find my requests and advise anyone who wants to try to be prepared to pull your hair out.

Review about: Thumbtack Customer Care.

Reason of review: Lack of resolution for problem created by company.

Preferred solution: I would like for Thumbtack to fix the problem before contacting me again with a solution that I have to take care of. (Like calling them to get a refund every time they mess up.) NOT acceptable..

I liked: Way it was before proassist.

I didn't like: Proassist.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

So what I think I hear you saying is DON'T switch to their Pro Assist - which sounds like, in actual practice, is worse than their regular TT results (i.e. requests for service by questionable "leads" that don't really meet my profiles qualifications or kinda-sort of do but they either never look at the quote or respond to recommended follow ups with more information).

to Zen Glendale, California, United States #1342564

Yep... it's worse. And now they are raising the cost to quote on many of their services.

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1315543

I made an apointment 4 days ago to talk with a proassist team. Still waiting...What a scam......But they communicate very fast to get your credit card info....I am switching.