Verified Reviewer

A carpenter was recommended to me by another service provider. I looked online for reviews and could only find them on thumbtack.

They were positive so I contacted and hired him. He turned out to be dishonest and completely lacked any sense of character or decency. After he ripped me off (his work failed after 1 week and he never responded to my calls), I tried to go to thumbtack to submit a review. What I found was that you can only leave a review if the service provider gives you a link to enter one.

That basically amounts to needing permission from the business you are wanting to review. Needless to say, I was never provided a link to enter a review.

I will never bother with Thumbtack again... not sure how to share this information with other consumers.

User's recommendation: Don't expect that reviews on thumbtack are representative of the service provider.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Thumbtack Cons: Fake contractor reviews.

Comments