2.5

some of the requests can be very misleading. work,to be performed, needs to be more clarified.

The fee that is charged for the work, can be unfair or overage. It is unknown the size of a job until it is actually seen, probably for the first time. There is no way of knowing that the fee that was quoted is a fair fee for a particular job. But, that is how the system is set up to be operated.

Word of mouth is still the best form of advertising. But, hopefully, there can be some survival on the website.

Hang in, and hope for the best.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thumbtack Website.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: High fees, No accountability.

Comments

You ask people to sumbit quotes without getting the full scope of the job? Ka-ching.

Money in your pocket for no reason.

At least on sidejobr you can communicate for free and there are no fees. I use them and get real leads and can quote accordingly without a middle man with their greedy little paws out like thumbtack.

Thumbtack is a rapidly failing business due to scamming people for worthless leads.

TTsocial

I agree that it can be hard to give a set price without seeing the project first. When we ask professionals to submit a quote, we are asking them if they are interested in directly advertising their business to a customer.

Many customers understand that the price given has many variables, they are more so looking for someone who is interesting in helping verses a set price. When professionals send a personable, intriguing quote message, it encourages customers to contact and eventually hire them.

We are constantly improving our site, including the request forms and we'd love to hear any suggestions you may have.

There are also tons of tips we'd love to share with you in regards to quoting and being successful on our site. Call us at 1-800-343-1710, we'd love to talk with you more.

-Samantha

to TTsocial Los Angeles, California, United States #954338

Here is a suggestion leave the estimating to qualified pros who know their jobs rather than a homeowner guessing what he need for his job, collect your fee as a sales rep after the job is complete and the customer is happy, i pay my sales rep 10% for every job he lands that is not a lead from my company or repeat customer.

He made a 12,500.00 bonus in the last 4 months for selling 125,000.00 in flooring on top of the salary I pay him